Sign in to follow this  
Cole

tomatoes and peppers

Cole

How did your guys tomatoes and peppers come out his year, i live in central KY and only got 7 peppers out of 10 plants and then 37 tomatoes out of 20 plants, we planted in the middle of may but we had a 2 week drought in june so that didn't help.

redidbull

I live in Ct and have a small garden but did well this year. I had 4 tomato plants and got between 10-15 per plant and there is a bunch of green ones still out there. I don't have bell peppers but have hot. It seems they never stopped especially the banana peppers. I also had cukes and earlier garlic and did well. We had a dry hot summer also but seeing it is small, 4 x 25 or so, I was able to water. Jim

Cole

i watered mine, ive got a couple more unripened tomatoes and peppers but i dont think they will make it with temperatures now being below 60 here. i heard that you can take unriped tomatoes and peppers and wrap them in newspaper then put them in a dark cool place like a closet or basement, never tried it before but i think i will this year, or at least whats left of it.

redidbull

i watered mine, ive got a couple more unripened tomatoes and peppers but i dont think they will make it with temperatures now being below 60 here. i heard that you can take unriped tomatoes and peppers and wrap them in newspaper then put them in a dark cool place like a closet or basement, never tried it before but i think i will this year, or at least whats left of it.

The newspaper thing is true. If you have a sun/warm facing window you could put them in the window and they will ripen. Cool here today too but we shouldn't get frost for a couple weeks hopefully. Jim

Prater

Had a frost come through last night so we picked all the green tomatoes and all the peppers. Our tomatoes did not really produce a lot, mainly due to bugs, but our peppers went crazy. We had all kinds of bell, jalapeno, serano, and banana peppers this year.

6wheeler

My tomatoes did great. But lo and behold absolutely no peppers on 7 plants. I watered and such but they just never flowered. Squash and zuccinni did good too as did the corn. My potatoes were small and not alot of them. Beans and peas were normal. My asparagus didn't go crazy like usual either. I don't know, we had a very wet spring so I kind of mudded most of it in and then it got very very dry after July. Just a weird year I guess. Oh well, there's always next year.