Sign in to follow this  
jake4690

Charging System

jake4690

Hello There!

My name is Jake and I have a Kohler 12hp cast iron line engine that came off a wheel horse and sticking it on a splitter! I got all the wiring diagrams for it online. I have 2 wires coming behind fly wheel from stator and the diagrams says it should be going to a Voltage regulator. I looked all over for it on the wheel horse body and engine and cant find it. I also read from someone online saying the wheel horse there are two wires and the one wire goes straight to your battery and the other is ac and goes to your lights. I dont think I ever had a regulator on the engine or mower when it was running! If someone can give me a word of advice and let me know that would be great. below are my #'s on my engine

Model # K301s

Spec # 47812

Serial # 15076209

thankyou for your time

Jake

rmaynard

:WRS: Hello. The k301-47812 more than likely came off of a 1985 312-8. The charging system on that tractor was quite simple. The lights worked off of AC directly from the stator. One wire went to the lights, the other had a diode in it to convert the voltage to DC for charging the battery.

As soon as I find my wiring diagram for the 1985 312-8, I will post it. In the meantime, you can download the electrical demystification guide from the files section. That may give you some help. I think that your engine only has a 3.5 amp circuit, designed for battery charging only. The wire with the diode connected through the ignition switch and a fuse before it got to the battery.

Edited by rmaynard

jake4690

thankyou very much