Sign in to follow this  
rallysman

C-120 electical issue(s)

rallysman

I've been (slowly) working on getting my WH ready for some work, but I can't get it to start with the ignition switch. I've cleaned all of the terminals that I can find and I've checked the safety switches, but I can't get it to fire the solenoid. I know the solenoid works because I hot wired it (and the coil) and I got it to run. Everything seems to be connected and the connections are all now fairly clean. I was hoping for a full wiring schematic for this model, or at least a schematic for the ignition switch so I can test it. I'm very familiar with electrical systems so feel free to get as techy as you want:). I could eventually figure it out, but you guys seem to be right on top of it all and have more specific experience than I do! Thanks in advance for your help B)

TT

Switch connections:

102b_1.jpg

You should have 12VDC at the bottom single terminal when the key is in the "start" position.

Here's a wiring diagram for a C series, but it might be for a different year than yours. (there were slight variations in the '74 to '77 models and several different engines, but it should get you through the basics.)

wd75cseries.jpg

nylyon

You may want to check the safety switches, they can cause the tractor to not turn over, but they should allow the coil to have power.

rallysman

You guys are awesome! (not to mention extremely fast to reply)

Thank you very much.

rallysman

I really hate to bump this and ask for the file again, but I'm coming up empty when I'm searching for this on my computer. Perhaps I should have been more careful when I replaced my hard drive. Thanks again for your willingness to help!

TT

The images have returned. :omg:

rallysman

Thanks!!