Sign in to follow this  
wh1257

who is ready for the winter 2012-2013 ?

wh1257

Today was the first snow in belgium but unfortunately he did not lie

Rick_in_CT

The 522xi's are dressed for winter, let it snow. 500 foot long drive to keep clear. Just installed the LED lights on the cab (replaced halogen) and boy are they bright. Added the linear actuator to the blower chute two winters ago, really works great. No need to leave the cab when blowing snow.

Rick

post-8836-0-22645200-1354664217_thumb.jp

rick

48" blade on my 314-8, chains and WH plastic covered weights and my 265 lbs. also have the frame mounted front weight. Had no problems the last time I had to push snow, used the C111 and a 42" blade with the same weight setup.

Fun Engineer

The 522xi's are dressed for winter, let it snow. 500 foot long drive to keep clear. Just installed the LED lights on the cab (replaced halogen) and boy are they bright. Added the linear actuator to the blower chute two winters ago, really works great. No need to leave the cab when blowing snow.

Rick

Rick can you provide any close up pictures of your linear actuator? Where you purchased etc. Did you consider one for the chute rotator?

Thanks, Dave

JackC

WOW, what a pair!!!! Nice.

MalMac

Well when I introduced the snow removal team for the the up coming snow season in the earlier post, I did not think I was going to have to get the mower decks back out. After the rain we had a couple of days ago my lawn is back to green and even growing in spots. I never seen my lawn this green in Dec. before let alone growing! So should I get a mowing team ready for the winter of 2012/13 and set them right beside the snow team? It's kinda hard to wrap around the Idea having to put light weight oil in the tractors to go mow. Something is just not right about that whole Idea. Crazy weather.

Tankman

Picked up another snow dozer, 48" on the '85 416-8. 42" mounted on the '88 414-8.

I'm resisting setting up the blower, will if she needs it. Blower is ready if needed. Oh gosh, hope not. Gettin' too old for this "stuff" after my boys moved on. Shame each took a Horse with 'em!

Got the Mrs. work boots out, all polished, clean work socks, scarf and hat. Warm gloves even! I'll get them set out on the Stallion's seats after I gas 'em up for her. :-):-):-)

I'll be the standby mechanic in the barn with radio, wood stove, and a can of petroleum distillate if she needs it. I can hand the gas can out the barn door quickly too! (Wouldn't want too much heat going out 'specially if I'm watchin' the NFL).

And, now that I'm thinkin', "I don't need a snow cab."

• Like 1

leeave96

Rick

Beautiful!

Kevbo

Picked up a blower by the side of the road last month for $50, needed a flag and lift tube. Made my own just need to paint them. Got to decide weather or not I am going to put the time into putting my cab on or not.

The tractor needs an oil change but I spent some bucks on a carb kit and an electric fuel pump. It has never ran as good as it does now, ready to put that big KT-17 II to work this winter.

Are electric fuel pumps universal for all models? Mine right now literally has a bulb that you squeeze as if it was on an outboard... :laughing-rofl:

leeave96

48" blade on my 314-8, chains and WH plastic covered weights and my 265 lbs. also have the frame mounted front weight. Had no problems the last time I had to push snow, used the C111 and a 42" blade with the same weight setup.

Rick - FWIW, I use a 42 inch snow blade with my 314-8 and have found that front wheel weights help keeping the tires from sliding sideways when plowing at an angle. Wondering how much more side push would be present with the 48 inch blade - I've thought of getting one myself.

Great tractor you got!

leeave96

Well when I introduced the snow removal team for the the up coming snow season in the earlier post, I did not think I was going to have to get the mower decks back out. After the rain we had a couple of days ago my lawn is back to green and even growing in spots. I never seen my lawn this green in Dec. before let alone growing! So should I get a mowing team ready for the winter of 2012/13 and set them right beside the snow team? It's kinda hard to wrap around the Idea having to put light weight oil in the tractors to go mow. Something is just not right about that whole Idea. Crazy weather.

None of my business - but you are making a great case for more tractors! As nice at the attach-O-matic systems is for these Wheelhorse tractors, more-O-matic tractors where you don't have to change any implements are a nice touch... :eusa-think: :)

Rick_in_CT

Rick

Rick can you provide any close up pictures of your linear actuator? Where you purchased etc. Did you consider one for the chute rotator?

Thanks, Dave

Dave, I have attached a pictures of the linear actuator, retracted and extended. I purchased it from progressiveautomations.com. It is their model PA-14-9-15, which is a 9" stroke, 15 lbs force, 1.18"/second. I took a shot when I ordered it getting the 9" stroke, I ended up modifying it myself into a 7" stroke. It has micro switches inside it that turn off the 12VDC motor when it reaches the limit of travel in either direction. I also purchased the stainless mounts for each end (BRK14), and a rocker switch (RC-01) from them. So far it has never frozen up. I spent about $180 total on the project. Now that I know how to do it, I'm sure I could probably shop around and find some surplus hardware to do the job for less. To me, it has been worth the cost, plus I had a good time doing it.

I have not motorized the chute rotation, and at this time I don't plan to. I have seen many motorized chute rotation methods, and if I thought I needed it I would do it, but the crank lever comes right into the cab and works well, so I don't know if I want to complicate matters

post-8836-0-28729700-1354753723_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-67203100-1354753724_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-40946900-1354753852_thumb.jp

• Like 1

mattd860

I'm almost ready. Just need to install the chains

CameraZOOM-20121206104243271.jpg

Fun Engineer

Thanks for all the infor Rick. I have the problem of keeping the chute up. No matter how tight I keep the bolts. I like the control the actuator give you. I may do this to my thrower. Thanks again. Dave

Here is my 314-A's "little helper" :happy-jumpeveryone: 72 inches of pure MotoAlliance Pro Plow :occasion-snowman:

2012-12-09_13-03-28_635.jpg