Sign in to follow this  
Torino

Please explain Quick Hitch, tach o matic hitch

Torino

I am confused about the different hitches offered by WH, can someone explain? Which one would be best for my '69 Electro 12?

Teddy da Bear

I am not sure I am the best one to explain this.

The "tach-o-matic" mid mount is a mounting point for

a variety of impliments. Most commonly used for a

mower deck to secure the deck to the tractor itself.

If your tractor did not come with one (and I do not

believe wheel horse tractors did until 1973 or 74).

You will be able to convert to the tach o matic system.

But you will also need to get the tach o matic for

the front of the tractor as well in order to secure

your deck drive belt and pulleys on a "mule drive" if

you intend to use a mower deck.

The rear "quick attach" impliment hitch is a hitch that

is designed to attach under the rear axle of your tractor.

It also is necessary in order to use a few wheel horse

attachments such as the front grader blade and rear

mounted tiller. There was an old style and a new style.

I believe either would work on your tractor.

I do happen to have both styles on my tractors.

I also have a tractor that was converted to the mid

tach o matic system if you need a reference.

CasualObserver

Torino, I would like a little clarification.... are you trying to figure out what hitch to look for? what is the purpose you're looking for a hitch?

Besides the implement drawbar hitch, the slot hitch and the implement clevis hitch, there are also the rear axle hitch the front hitch and the tach-a-matic. The rear axle hitch for the blade and tiller is often referred to as the "quick hitch". Mike was correct, there are two types... old and new. the old one attaches to the front and back of the rear axle, the newer style attaches to the top and bottom. The older style is wider and used to be included as part of the dozer blade package before the rear tiller was designed to use it too. Once it was needed for multiple implements, it was sold separately. The Tach-a-matic hitch is the midmount hitch (also know as the speed hitch) used for things like mower decks, cultivators, and grader blades. The style on your 69 Electro probably has one of the mower deck pulley's built into it. The front hitch or front tach-o-matic was made for front of the tractors to attach the mule drives and snowthrowers for tractors 1972 and later. I think it also was used for the front mount mower deck carrier. (Dustin would be able to answer that). There was a factory conversion kit for adding the front hitch to older tractors... TT has a very nice pictorial how to make you own here. I don't have ready access to pictures, but will gladly take some of all of these for you in the near future if other members don't come through first! :thumbs: Also look around through the picture gallery at other tractors... you'll probably find most if not all of these hitches demonstrated there too.