Sign in to follow this  
Deere Hunter

Pulling report from this past weekend

Deere Hunter

Been having internet problems for about 5 days so I havent been able to get on and tell you all about this past weekend. Was just finally able to log on so here it goes....

Got up at 4:00 am Saturday morning and headed for Lexington, VA for an indoor pull. At this pull they grouped the hot stuff by cubic inches, so I signed up for the 50 cubic inch class. I was gonna be pulling agianst other V-twins and single cyl super stocks. There was alot of very tough tractors there in that class. Among them was 3 tractors owned by Julian Stahl of Midwest Super Cub. They are among the toughest pulling tractors in the country. The first round I didnt do to hot, I guessed wrong on my weight set up and was to nose heavy and couldnt get the Deere Hunter to hook up and finished in the middle of the field. But for round two I hit it pretty close. I placed 3rd in the class. Beating out 2 of 3 Midwest Cub tractors in the class. I was only beat out by two very tough Super Stock tractors. Brought home a really nice 30" 3rd place trophy.

here are some pics from Lexington

lexingtonpull1.jpg

lexingtonpull2.jpg

Saturday was a long day but we got back up and did it all over agian Sunday but this pull was in Hagerstown, MD. In the 1st round of Open Twin super stock I finished 2nd. I pulled in high gear and was still turning 7600 RPM when they flagged me. The tractor just wasnt running out of power this weekend. For the 2nd round of Open Twin Super Stock I placed 1st (285 feet), out pulling the 2nd place tractor by 32 feet.

But the best part was we got to pull agianst The Midwest Cub tractors agian in a NQS style Open class. They pulled two of there big cube motors in that class. I wound up 4th in the class with a pull of 267 feet. and we were pulling a 200 foot track! I was very happy with placing that high up in the field. The Midwest tractors placed 1st and 2nd in the class, but then agian they are making a few more HP and alot more cubic inches than I am with an unlimited budget to make them run. Made me feel good to know my home built tractor could run with the big boys all weekend. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here are a couple more pics from the Hagerstown pull

hagerstownagpull1.jpg

hagerstownagpull3.jpg

hagerstownagpull4.jpg

hagerstownagpull2.jpg

You can check out more pics from this past weekend at the Eastern Garden Tractor pulling site

kj4kicks

Congrats on doing so well against the "big boys" ! Nice pics, too.

Guess the vid's helped from the PA pull LOL

kpinnc

Sure looks like you're doing the Wheel Horse fellers proud Wayne! B):whistle:

Congratulations on the top finishes!

Kevin

Stigian

Congrats Wayne B)

That pulling looks like a fun way to spend a few hours.

The closest i get in the UK is pulling a shed :whistle:

TT

Definitely good reason to have a permanent grin for a few days, Wayne! :whistle:

Glad to hear you did well -- especially against the MSC boys. B)

YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

DMESS

Awesome job Wayne. Glad to hear you did so well against the "big money". You know, they're probably talking about the "East Coast Super Horse" right about now! B)

BPjunk

Wayne,

I'm glad you got to pull in Lexington, we were coming back from Reno, NV so there was no way we could make it. How many tractors showed up? I talked to Gregg Edwards who was putting on the pull quite a few times about going ... but tickets for vacation were already bought. He was telling me he had folks call from as far away as Iowa for the pull. Who went with you Karen or your brother Scott?

CONGRADULATIONS ON DOING SO WELL IN THE PULL!!!!!! :horseplay: :banana: B)B)

UH ... Oh yeah ... one last question .... WHAT in the world is a Mid West Super Cub????? B):banghead::whistle::banghead::banghead:B)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Deere Hunter

Bill,

I heard someone say they had around 200 hooks. Not sure of the tractor count but I dont think it was as many as they had expected. Dad went along with me. This was the first pull he had a chance to go to this year and he enjoyed his self.

I did get a chance to meet Gregg and his Dad on Saturday at Lexington. They are a great group of guys down there. Gregg and his Dad even showed up in Hagerstown on Sunday to pull with us agian. They had a blast.

not to take anything away from the Lexington pull, but we had 217 hooks at the pull in Hagerstown. We started at 9am and we left at 7 that evening. The last 2 classes were rained out. Made for a very long weekend. Heck I am still draggin! lol