Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Case Tractors

6wheeler

I need some help from the Case crowd (or anyone who wants to help). I am going to an auction on Saturday. While dropping off my fall shed cleanings, I happened to notice there is a a Case Model 222 sitting there (at least thats the # painted on it). It is somewhat restored and it has only a tiller with it. My questions are. Are they prone to problems? Is there something in particular I should look for? The 12 hp Kohler looks good (no visible leaks). The tires are useable, but not great. Is there a 3 point available for it? I am hoping it won't bring much because there is no deck for it. But, I don't really need one. I like the hydraulics on them. I would like to just make a garden tractor out of it and not a mowing tractor. Thanks for any help.. Pat

Kelly

Yes you can get hyd 3 point, or a sleeve hitch one or the other is needed for the tiller, a rear hyd PTO is needed to run the tiller, none of these items are cheap, tillers in good shape run, $300-800, 3 points $500, sleeve hitch $200, rear PTO $300, the tractors are good machines, steering can be slopy, hyd pump can get weakover time, new pumps run $300+

6wheeler

Ok Kelly, I trust you on this. You don't mince words. It has rear services that run the tiller. It has live hydraulics . I realize that by the time you would get this I will or will not have it. I am thinking $200 cuz it isn't pretty but the tiller is nice? However, with bad tires I am not that impressed. I don't know enough about these tractors to know if its even worth bidding on but, I will. Its a 12 horse tractor with live hydraulics and I think I may be able to add 1 more service, Because the valve looks like I could add another spool to fold wings on a double gang disc or maybe even wings on a digger (field cultivator). If in fact, I get it.

I may need some help and I will let you know. There is also a very ugly 317 JD there along with 30 other JD's and several other scrappers (as far as I am concerned)But this Case is relatively clean and I think its a good platform to start from. Yes I may need more power for what I am expecting. But, I can work with it. I don't even know if I can get parts for it, But, I bet you can. So, here we go. Pat

6wheeler

The auction is over and No the Case did not follow me home. It sold for $1685.00 :eek: I would never had paid that much for it.

Ken B

A Case 222 for 1700.00 bucks? Even with the tiller all that I've got too say is a fool and his money soon part!

welderman85

wow i just hauled one home for my neighbor it had a deck and a tiller with all the hook stuff good tires and ok paint he paid 300.00