Sign in to follow this  
dcrage

Got my Tiller

dcrage

I just got home after making a 35 mile run from work (then 65 miles back home) to buy a 36" tiller -- I was going to post the pictures off Craigslist (it just got put up today), but no, the seller has already taken it down -- So no pictures for now -- I also am going to need to get to the 21st century and post some pictures on here

Anyway paid $150 for a Model # 7-1252 tiller and the $150 includes the front idler bracket and pulleys -- I looked this up in the Toro model search and it comes back as 1975 model??!! -- Must not have been used very much; tines look to be in good shape; all of the paint is there and in pretty good shape; the paint is in better shape than the finish on my 1990 310-8 and deck (My 418-A has a better finish, but it got shined up prior to me buying it last winter) -- I assume this is correct, I have the 1975 parts blow up and at first glance it looks like what I purchased -- The model/serial # tag is held on by a single bolt, so it could have got changed but why would someone do that -- I guess I just purchase an always garaged, "low mileage" 1975 36" tiller

For what it is worth the seller was real happy when I paid the $150; he paid $20 for it at an estate sale -- He had a friend who had Wheel Horse but the friend already has a tiller

Now I am going to need to chase down a couple of springs (6135 brake spring; I assume that spring serves as the belt tensioner) and (4629 which looks to be the lift assist spring); a belt; a rocker arm assembly and the lift cable with the connections on both ends

AMC RULES

Sounds like a great deal, can't wait to see the :text-coolphotos:

rydogg

You got a great deal on that, most of the parts you need should not be hard to find except for the rocker assembly. I have driven a lot further and paid a lot more for tillers.

can whlvr

when i bought my 7-1252 i could not beleive it was a 75 either,heres a pic of what it looks like

082-1.jpg

KC9KAS

Sounds like a good deal for the tiller.

dcrage

Heh Don -- If you get a chance could you post a picture of the connection the lift cable to the tiller -- I can't see enough detail on your above photo -- Where I think it would be on mine looks undersized

Thanks

Dave

can whlvr

i will but it wont be till the weekend,sorry so busy at work right now,but i have a pic of my homemade cable roller on the rear instaed of the rockshaft

dcrage

Appreciate your time Don

I see a rectangular bar (maybe 1" x 6" with) attached on the left side of the tiller with a hole that I assume will be where I attach the lift cable -- It doesn't appear to be very sturdy-- It looks like the previous owner added an aluminum brace to it for added rigidity -- So that is what has prompted my question/request

Again thanks

I guess I need to go dive into Gary's Yahoo Manuals data base and see if I can find a manual

can whlvr

i havnt forgot you dave,i had to work a 12 hour shift today and its thanksgiving this weekend,but the flat bar that the cable hooks to is very sturdy,i put a homemade roller on the tractor and with the large spring its a breeze to lift

DSC00071.jpg

can whlvr

heres the close up of the factory setup on the 7-1252

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

dcrage

THANKS DON!!!!!!

Your pictures answer exactly the questions I had about what to do with the two metal bars with holes on the left side of the tiller attachment -- I see you have a bungee cord from the lift cable then attached to the little tab on the back cover -- Any idea what the original intent was for that back cover piece???

can whlvr

i do that so i can back up with the tiller running,it digs really well in reverse

dcrage

Oh Crap!!!!! -- I don't have an idler pulley assembly (arm, support, pulley) on my tiller hitch -- It's not there! -- Is that going to be a 'game stopper'????