Sign in to follow this  
608KEB

scalp wheel on 48" deck?

608KEB

I recently bought a 75 C-120 with a 48" deck and 37" snow thrower. The mower deck has no anti scalping wheel in the center. It looks like there never was one. The side discharge chute does have a roller on it. I was wondering if some of the 48" decks came like this.

post-5623-0-02378800-1348794551.jpg

post-5623-0-55906800-1348794584.jpg

Don1977

I think some of the older decks came that way. The 75-48MS01 was a Double -D deck like yours, but it had 3 rollers across the front. If you can find the brackets on a rusted out deck it would be worth putting them on. That deck looks to be in good shape and all the later model spindles will bolt up If you ever need them.

608KEB

Great! The deck is in nice shape no rust holes.

tunahead72

Look carefully at the front edge of your deck. I can't quite tell from here, but in your first photo, it almost looks like that area's been damaged. Maybe somebody patched a new section of metal in there and didn't bother to replace the wheel assembly. Does the setup on the chute look like it's original? :dunno:

608KEB

The chute can bolt right up to the deck. the holes line up. I know what your talking about in regards to the deck. The center is a little damaged. But there is no grind marks or any type of welding that I can see on the center of the deck.