Sign in to follow this  
krazy_horse

Kohler Carburator Kits

krazy_horse

Don't know if you bought a Kohler carb. kit lately but I have noticed they are charging more and more and you are getting less and less. Case in point:Kohler kit # 7-030004 comes without the large gasket that fits between the main body and bowl. I think called the devider gasket. It has the bowl gasket that fits in the round groove of the main body. Also no brass inlet valve, but you do get a new needle valve. And of course all of this is assembled in America yet dosent say where it was made. Let me take a wild guess! I suppose it is o.k. to rebuild the carb. without the devider gasket. What do you think?.

sorekiwi

I have a tractor that doesnt have the divider thingy in it. I was having some issues and pulled the bowl off without removing the carb from the engine. Upon reassembly I couldnt get the divider piece to sit right so I left it out. (I seem to remember that I was out in the middle of my lawn, with just a crescent wrench and a screwdriver and it was a hot day and it was all a fairly miserable experiance!)

Anyway, the tractor runs fine except when you get into some of the dips in the lower part of the property. As you hit the dip the motor splutters, and I put that down to a surge of fuel splashing though the vent for the float chamber.

Putting that divider thingy back in is still on my to-do list (and has been on there for a year or two).

Martin

that part number is a primeline or napa part number.

the kohler number for that kit is 1275701-s

for ch11-14, cv11-15

looks like the kohler kit is missing the same parts...

post-4321-0-98512000-1348793698.jpg

just looked up a manual on the command engines and looks like the baffle isnt used on that model. the inlet seat is smaller than the earlier k carbs....

post-4321-0-77465700-1348794866_thumb.jp

krazy_horse

Yes, I bought the kits at NAPA but it comes in a Kohler package. Also what I called a devider gasket is actuelly called a baffel gasket, The local Deere dealer told me $46.00 and change for a kit and he did not have it in stock. Thanks all for the replies

rydogg

I am able to get them kits for around $15 so why does the Deere dealer get $46 ????? Amazon has the kit pictured above for $9.

MarkPalmer

A lot of guys on Fleabay have the older Kohler kits that contain the baffle, I got several for the K181's about 2 months ago for around $17.00 each plus shipping. Jeez, $46 is about what I would pay for an entire rebuildable engine.

-Mark-

Martin

I think we're talking about 2 different kits for 2 different carbs here. The command carbs are a lot different than the carter k series carbs. The k series kits still have the baffle in the kits. I buy them new regularly, part number 2575701s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rydogg

Amazon has carb kits for k series and command series for under $10.

$46 for a kohler carb kit is just a crazy dealer mark up price the shop I work part time at gets them for $10 and sells them for $15.

Martin

I pay around $10 for the 2575701.

Get them from napa.....

krazy_horse

I think we're talking about 2 different kits for 2 different carbs here. The command carbs are a lot different than the carter k series carbs. The k series kits still have the baffle in the kits. I buy them new regularly, part number 2575701s

Amazon has carb kits for k series and command series for under $10.

$46 for a kohler carb kit is just a crazy dealer mark up price the shop I work part time at gets them for $10 and sells them for $15.

Martin the kits from Napa fit both the K-engines and the Magum, have two different needle valves and rubber seats with different size holes for the fuel inlet valve.RydogPrices on Fle-Bay are all over the chart:example #390440335638 price,kit only $132.99 I buy my kits for $7.99 Regards, Jim krazy_horse

Martin

In the original post the part number you mentioned was for a command carb though.

krazy_horse

that part number is a primeline or napa part number.

the kohler number for that kit is 1275701-s

for ch11-14, cv11-15

looks like the kohler kit is missing the same parts...

post-4321-0-98512000-1348793698.jpg

just looked up a manual on the command engines and looks like the baffle isnt used on that model. the inlet seat is smaller than the earlier k carbs....

post-4321-0-77465700-1348794866_thumb.jp This kit is like the NAPA kit I bought notice the small seat and needle valve in the plastic package. I was told that was for the Magnum. I put the large one in the K-181 without the baffel gasket and it seems to run good so far.By the way there is Kits on Fle-Bay with Kohler spelled Kholer printed on the package.. Regards, Jim

krazy_horse

Martin, There has been a big mix up on this carb. kit. It has been bothering me and that is why I started this Advent because when I received this kit I found I was short some parts and had other parts I didn't need. I called in an order to NAPA the first of the week including a K-181 carb kit. I was sent a#7-030004 in the Kohler package. I had cleaned the carb. put the bowl gasket in along with the large needle valve and matching seat, no baffle gasket,I had to supply my own O-ring for the fuel inlet. So I got to checking in the out door catalog and called Napa this afternoon and gave them the numbers to which they said"We gave you the wrong kit but bring it back and we will exchange it for you" Well that's not going to happen because I have used about two thirds of it. Any way, sorry for the confusion.In the old days when you bought a carburetor repair kit you got everything. Again I was just ranting. Sorry, Regards, Jim

• Like 1

krazy_horse

Just to finish this advent I called NAPA back this morning and they told me to bring the package and the left over parts back and the would have me a correct kit Monday afternoon. My hat's off to them...Life is good (AGAIN)

Martin

That's great that they will make good on it.

krazy_horse

I am able to get them kits for around $15 so why does the Deere dealer get $46 ????? Amazon has the kit pictured above for $9.

rydogg,Sure didn"t mean to sound like I was bragging on the price of crab. kits, the ones NAPA ordered for me was wrong and I ordered two more of off Fle-Bay by the same number which was wrong but Mrs. K. horse got in touch with seller and got our money back I will pick up reorderd kit from napa Tuesday ,They told me to bring kit back for exchange, dont know what price will be. Regards, Jim

Kelly

I buy the old style K series kit Kohler brand off ebay, they are $8 and change plus shipping, I buy 10 kits at a time and shipping is cut way way back so the savings is better, and I have kits on hand 99% of the time I use 10 to 15 kits year on tractors I buy, or want to sell, it's nice having them on hand, I know most of you would never use that many kits in a life time, but I do and saving a few $$ helps, again as I have said I always use Kohler brand kits.

• Like 1