Sign in to follow this  
Short Circuit

Grader blade mount fabrication

Short Circuit

post-8338-0-47133200-1348438997_thumb.jp

Hello WH enthusiasts,

I recently purchased a grader blade for an Ariens tractor, which I am attempting to adapt to my 1973 14 Automatic, by fabricating a new mounting bracket. The 14 Automatic used the 1-1112 grader blade. I have seen some pics of mid mount blades here on Red Square, but don't know if they were the 1-1112 part number.

In order to mount the grader blade in the proper position under the tractor frame, I need the dimension from the front pivot mount to the front of the blade.

Would someone who has a genuine WH grader blade give me the dimension as shown in the attached picture? This would greatly help me in making the correct length bracket.

Thanks in advance.

Short Circuit

Thanks for the link. I didn't think to look for "historical documents".

Regards,

Short Circuit

Tankman

Never mounted a rear grader blade but, I did take a plow from a large set (maybe a dozen) and

used it on my old Horse.

What I did was bend a 2" x 1" or whatever size the ID (inside dimension) is, flatbar, and used my little Horse's sleeve hitch.

Worked like a million bucks.

Have fun. I myself have been thinkin' 'bout a grader, dozer doesn't cut the mustard on my gravel driveway.

Don1977

I built my grader blade last spring, I had saved that drawing, but my old computer crashed and lost it. Went to check how close I came.15 1/2" is what I came up with hanger to pivot. I made my grader blade 48" wide don't know if that caused the shorter distance. I located my lift point at 14" and used a straight 9" lift link. I move the lift point twice before I was satisfied with it.

AMC RULES

Front mount, rear mount?

I thought grader blades were mid mount. :scratchead:

can whlvr

with the wheelhorse graders,the 50 inch is attached to the rear hitch that the dozer blade and tiller use,the 40 inch uses the mid attachmatic that the mower deck uses