Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Wheel Horse Hobby

CHARGER9AUTO

Guy's , I say to myself every day I'm too old for this none sense to play and restore Wheel Horse tractors . I've started to Collect them 10 years what attracted me to buy my first tractor a '64 854 8 HP round nose . then I needed more Wheel Horses and search for them . Ben :horseplay:

Sparky

Well if your to old Ben(33), whats that mean for guys like me(42)? I can think of plenty of other really wasteful things to do with my cash and time other than tinkereing with WH tractors.

This hobby for the most part doesnt take me far from home except once or twice a year.

Most of my tractors were in the $200-$500 range(except the shiny one from Eldon :whistle: ) so I'm not strapping the family budget.

I have met and talked to some really great down to earth folks, including you, that I would never have met if it wasnt for this hobby(and the internet, thanks Al Gore B) ).

If you stop doin the WH thing what will you fill the void with..hmmmm, got ya thinkin didnt I.

Sometimes havin a huge collection of tractors can get overwhelming and its hard to decide which one needs attention or maintainance first so maybe you need to thin yer herd out some and just concentrate on a few of your favorite tractors. I'm doin that right now. I sold three off in the last two months and have one more to go then I'll be down to a more managable size.

Hope this helps out some.......Mike..

Duff

I sold three off in the last two months and have one more to go then I'll be down to a more managable size.

Yo, Mike!

Please define "managable"!!!!!! B)

Cheers!

Duff :whistle:

CHARGER9AUTO

Well if your to old Ben(33), whats that mean for guys like me(42)? I can think of plenty of other really wasteful things to do with my cash and time other than tinkereing with WH tractors.

This hobby for the most part doesnt take me far from home except once or twice a year.

Most of my tractors were in the $200-$500 range(except the shiny one from Eldon B) ) so I'm not strapping the family budget.

I have met and talked to some really great down to earth folks, including you, that I would never have met if it wasnt for this hobby(and the internet, thanks Al Gore :whistle: ).

If you stop doin the WH thing what will you fill the void with..hmmmm, got ya thinkin didnt I.

Sometimes havin a huge collection of tractors can get overwhelming and its hard to decide which one needs attention or maintainance first so maybe you need to thin yer herd out some and just concentrate on a few of your favorite tractors. I'm doin that right now. I sold three off in the last two months and have one more to go then I'll be down to a more managable size.

Mike, I didn't mean to complain about my tractor hooby problems . I have a few favorite tractors '73 8 HP 4-Speed , 1045 , LAWN RANGER , C-121 AUTOMATIC , GT-14 , 953 . I will sell the 416-8 it has a dead battery I need to put the batter Charger on it for an hour . my C-100 has new fuel line I replaced and rewired up the tractor I hate to sell the C-series because I will never find one

just like it . I have another C-121 Auto unrestored for parts to the other C-121 I use for work I really enjoy the Wheel Horse tractor hobby with out it I will be board . Ben..... B)

Duff

I will sell the 416-8 it has a dead battery I need to put the batter Charger on it for an hour .

Ben - Just sent you a PM.....

Thanks!

Duff B)

Sparky

Yo, Mike!

Please define "managable"!!!!!! B)

Cheers!

Duff :whistle:

If I sell off the 4th tractor I'm thinkin of sellin I'll be down to 8 complete tractors and 2 parts machines.....I think thats managable B) .

Mike........

TT

I sold three at the show and still have five that won't fit in the building with the others. B)

There are times I'd like to thin my herd down a little, but I just can't bear the thought of giving any of them up.

combatmp29r

There are times I'd like to thin my herd down a little, but I just can't bear the thought of giving any of them up.

I know what you mean Terry. I hav eover taken Nan's half of the Garage B) Not good I say. She says a few other things but this is a family site B) So today framing started on the deck in the back half of the shed so I can double stack them. Before Fall though I'm sure there will be an addition to the shed, and maybe even the garage :whistle: B)

CasualObserver

So today framing started on the deck in the back half of the shed so I can double stack them. Before Fall though I'm sure there will be an addition to the shed, and maybe even the garage :whistle:B)

B) you know how I like to see projects!

combatmp29r

Jason I'm not too sure you would want to see the shed B) You might think i had a tire Fetish. What do you mean you don't have to have 2 spare sets for every tractor?????? :whistle: I'll try to remember to take the camera out there when I get a chance to get back to it. Kid chasin time right now. :horseplay:

CasualObserver

I have no room to talk about "extra tires and wheels"! :whistle: I usually come home from any given consignment with no less than 4 wheels I "needed"!! B) Sometimes with or without a transaxle attached to them! B)