Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Snow Cab Poll - Like it or Not?

cheesegrader

I got to use my 2-stage at my cabin near Lake Superior last year. I learned a few things.

-20 with a 30mph wind off the lake feels even colder when the blower is tossing snow back into your face!

This year, I'm using a cab!

Ken B

Being up on the windy hill here at the "ponderosa" I will not be without one when throwing snow with the 2 stage blower.

Yes Steve, the wind up there on the Ponderosa has been known to literally take homes down! I swear it is 15 degrees colder up there! I rough wired at least ten homes up on your hill 20 yrs. ago. It was hot as hell up there in the summer and colder than Alaska in the winter. Beautiful country land though!

If you want, try your setup without the cab for a storm or two. I had a cab on my C-160 a few yrs. ago. I had a blade on the tractor and it was just awesome. It gets warm enough in the cab to take your coat off. I wouldn't even think about using a blower without a cab. Something tells me that you'll decide the same thing eh.

Wheelbearing

The snow cab is the best thing since the cup holder, sliced bread, and beer for god sakes. Who ever doesn't use one either can't afford it, can't find one, or is just plain stubborn.

wh1257

I have 6 cabs purchased after fitting one cab, I knew it was a sound investment

004-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

001-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

• Like 1

JackC

I have a c-81 with a plow. It was a little too light for heavy snow storms.

I also have a D-160 with a plow but never used it for snow removal.

I also have snow blowers for my tractors but have never used them.

I now use a 10hp walk behind with a 32" two state snow blower with no protection and that works great for me.

That machine will put the snow wherever I want it.

I dress accordingly.

The ultimate snow removal machine for me would be a truck with a plow and a heated cab and stereo.

Tim

I snow blow with a cab. Sometimes I go out with an insulated flannel shirt, shorts , sneakers with no socks.The only thing I don't like is sometimes snow blows on my ankles. Pissed me off.....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Especially...if you've just shaved beforehand? :ychain:

baerpath

The snow cab is the best thing since the cup holder, sliced bread, and beer for god sakes. Who ever doesn't use one either can't afford it, can't find one, or is just plain stubborn.

Yup that last option says it all

Duane

Alan_Heist

I don't have a cab yet... but I don't have a snow blower either. If it snows that much in Central Florida, I'm staying home... My truck (1 Ton Dually 4WD Diesel Chevy) would get me where I need to go without plowing, I've driven in up to 12" when visiting PA and NC. However, all the other idiots on the roads here in Florida that can't even drive when it rains would cause so many accidents if it snowed that here that it wouldn't be worth trying to drive anywhere. :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

AMC RULES

Geeze...I bet a cab in mounted up in Florida would be like a sauna on wheels. :happy-bouncyredfire:

• Like 1

Alan_Heist

Geeze...I bet a cab in mounted up in Florida would be like a sauna on wheels. :happy-bouncyredfire:

I haven't seen the GT mount A/C system yet, so you're probably right..

MalMac

If you give Duke the chance I am sure you just might see AC in his cab. He has got one Bad A#& set up going. He has got everything else in the cab with him why not AC. I know he has got enough Horse's under the hood now to pull it off.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Don't forget a matching Lazyboy, and the 60" plasma TV too. :text-datsphatyo:

MalMac

Don't give him any ideas about a TV. Next thing you know he will be out there trying to blow snow and watch the Big Blue. With all that new power he just might not see that VW Bug he thought was a drift While cheering on the Wolverines. :ychain:

gomer gump

snowcab,s are great if your going to be out there for several hours and you have very long drive ways , but if you don,t just dress warm an a little snow won,t hurt you just think you could be disabled an not be able to go out an feel the cold an snow. i really don,t like the cab,s too confineing for me but they are nice if there set up right . love to feel the snow and cold , it,s only there for a short time 3 to 4 months enjoy it man

buckrancher

I have a cab that came with the tractor but have never used it

100_4634.jpg

Forest Road

Had one. Sold it to Wallfish. I'm 6'8" he's about 5'8". It was a good deal for both f us. Personally I'd prefer a cab. Unfortunately my head rubs the roof something fierce. Don't remove the cab. Just take the doors off for a few storms and see how you do. I'm laying odds you'll keep it.

midnight rambler

yeh i agree no cab sucks when your blowing snow and it comes back in your face,yuk. keep the cab, my backup has a cab

Rollerman

I've had two now & didn't much care for them.

They are just to confineing for me, to fragile climbing in & out or storing during the off season.

I do use a Lawn Ranger for blowing snow....if I keep the wind to my back it's not to bad.

I live below the snow belt & the last several winters in my area have been really mild too.

When the snow does hit hard enough for me to use a cab I just run into work & grab a Cat 928 Loader...it has a heated cab. :handgestures-thumbup:

tractorbeast

I like using a cab plowing. I mounted a mirror for rear vision. I take the vinyl off after the snow is gone, but leave the roof on. Its a nice sun block in the summer. Best of luck on the East coast during this Frankenstorm. looks like a snow cab will be at work in w.Virginia tonight and tomorrow.