Sign in to follow this  
D Block

What's it worth?

D Block

My uncle just dropped off a parts tractor at my house. It's an early 80's work horse. I'm likely going to part it out as I need $ for new shrubs. My 310-8 runs like a champ and I doubt I'll need anything off of the work horse other than the larger wheels. So, what do you guys think the 8-speed is worth? I'm not sure what to ask and dont want to offend anyone...

1" axles...

AMC RULES

PM sent.

VinsRJ

Value = Free to you should be free to me..... :happy-jumpeveryone:

Just kid'n, LOL!

D Block

^ hope you're day job isnt as a comedian;)

Kelly

I get $75 to $100 for a 8 speed exchange, as I part out the junk ones.

D Block

Sounds good Kelly. Thanks!

Kelly

But to add to this I don't sell alot of them, so you may have to sit on it awhile, I have a whole scrap yard of tractors, and a few pallets with nothing but transmissions on them.

pfrederi

1" axles and 4 pinions do not drive a premium price. I would say $50...

rmaynard

I have two 4 speeds (in excellent condition) that I advertised on and off Craigslist for over a year. Never got a bite. Started at $100.00 and finally dropped to $50.00. I'd sooner use them for anchors than to let them go cheaper.

rwilson

Not to hyjack this post but I have swapped a 1 1/8 axle 8 speed out of a B80 and put a 1 inch axle in its place. I dont feel a B80 needs 1 1/8 axles

moonpie32

Hi, I'm Philip, new here. I wish you didnt live so far away because I desperately need that transmission. I have an early 80's model Wheel Horse GT-1642 I bought years ago for only 10 bucks, and even though I dont have much invested I still want to fix it up. My transmission has a very long crack in the left hand side of the case, I think it got rained full of water and possibly froze and busted.

can whlvr

i had a tranny shipped from kentucky to southern ontario for 110 dollars,which is cheap compared to buying parts from toro

baerpath

4 pinion around 75 to 100. in NY

Duane

moonpie32

i had a tranny shipped from kentucky to southern ontario for 110 dollars,which is cheap compared to buying parts from toro

Wow I figured it would be a lot more than that to ship such a heavy thing. Forgive my ignorance but does this forum have something like a parts listing where people sell stuff? I think I would be willing to pay that much to get one. Hate to scrap the thing.

SousaKerry

Click on the classified button up top on the ribbon. Also check the Vendors section. :handgestures-thumbupright:

moonpie32

awesome, thanks.