Sign in to follow this  
chevyaddict83

So, i need to be taught....

rwilson

A 12 or 14 hp single kohler is a good all around size. They have enought power to run a variety of attachments. They dont use as much gas as a twin. Just a good all around economicle engine. Cant go wrong with something in that hp range. In my opinion.

Tankman

A 12 or 14 hp single kohler is a good all around size. They have enought power to run a variety of attachments. They dont use as much gas as a twin. Just a good all around economicle engine. Cant go wrong with something in that hp range. In my opinion.

I have to second that, fuel consumption! I have 12, 14 & 16 hp Kohlers. Never a problem.

New to me, '90 520-8 20 hp Onan twin. Runs great! I really have to watch my fuel use. Fuel price I'm not considering, it is time. Half the lawn mowed, time to fuel up. Geeze, should have checked before I started. Walk to the barn 'n carry the GI gas can out to the field. My bad!

Only once, my thoughtfulness somewhere else, did I have to fuel a Kohler in the field. :smile:

Wheel-N-It

My vote for the best all around WH if you can only have one is the 312-8. I am no expert on using a snowblower but I can honestly say it will run a 48" mowing deck all day no problem, and power a rear mounted tiller through any ground worth tilling. And it does this very economically, no breakdowns and is a real gas sipper.