Sign in to follow this  
garybllrdr

manual deck lift arm

garybllrdr

i have a c-125 with a manual lift arm just purchased a snowblower for this tractor is there any way to make the lift hydraulic or use a 12 volt ELECTRIC LINEAR ACTUATOR? or has anyone done something like this any help would be appreciated , Thanks

rustyoldjunk

i dont know if wheel horse ever used a helper spring or counter weight,such as JD or simplicity did,but maybe that could be an option too?

BairleaFarm

Yes you can use actuators and maybe hydrolic lift if your tranny is a hydrostaic drive. You can also add hydrolics is you wanted to but your looking at alit of work.

kpinnc

Yes you can use actuators and maybe hydrolic lift if your tranny is a hydrostaic drive.

I think the 125s used an Eaton tranny, and unless it already has hydraulics (meaning it's an 1100 series pump), you won't be able to add them from there. The "non-hydraulic lift" models used a 700 series Eaton, which did not have the external charge pump for hydraulics...

BUT, you can add hydraulics with an external pump (power steering pumps work well), or as you said, use an electric actuator.

Good luck!

Kevin

Rod(NASNUT)

I saw this on E-Bay Item number: 320275193148

bluetuna08

unless you have a charging system on your horse I think you would need to run a deep cycle or a marine battery 12volt battery for any winch or linear actuator.

even with a deep cycle battery you would eventually run out of juice.

garybllrdr

my hiorse has lights head and tail i think i saw something about a charging system on this am i correct? also if can mount a steering pump why not do the same with an alternator for charging if not?

TT

Your C-125 has a 15 amp alternator built in to the Kohler engine. WH offered an electric lift that used a linear actuator, so as long as you don't overkill on your electrical add-ons, you shouldn't have any problems. B)

BPjunk

Wheel Horse does offer a "helper spring" for using a snowblower, for you guys that remember the old "hood springs" on car hoods this what the helper spring looks like. B)

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

HorseFixer

for you guys that remember the old "hood springs" on car hoods this what the helper spring looks like. :whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Yeah I remember Bill! B) Even tho I hate to admit it! B)

Duke

• Like 1

linen beige

Yeah I remember Bill! B) Even tho I hate to admit it! B)

Duke

I see two every time I check the EARL on my truck. :whistle:

• Like 1

TT

Wheel Horse does offer a "helper spring" for using a snowblower.......

But the lift "flag" has to have the extra tab with the hole to be able to use the spring. (or a tab can be welded to a plain flag)

Raider

Anyone have a picture of that helper spring arrangement? I'd like to see if that would work on my Raider/snowblower.

TT

Here's the IPL drawing:

liftassist.jpg

I never had one with the assist spring, but I'm pretty sure the front of the spring hooks to the footrest cross bar.