Sign in to follow this  
1975wheelhorsec160

wheelhorse moldboard plow

1975wheelhorsec160

i recently picked up a wheelhorse moldboard plow and was wondering if anyone has had good luck with them and i was also wondering wat you guys think i am going to be pulling the plow with my c125-8 was wondering if it would pull it through untouched ground

Rock farmer

I too recently acquired a wheel horse mold board plow.

Having a Dearborn single bottom and two bottom.

I thought the wh wouldn't be good for much.

But, my 12 horse electro 12 pulled it right along.

I was only digging potatoes, in soft soil.

But, it is adjustable. I think you'll be pleased

With its performance!

Joe

AMC RULES

:wwp:

6wheeler

I have 2 plows. A10" and a 12". You will probably need to adjust the pitch and raise the coulter if you have one :banana-wrench: . Pictures are definitely needed :greetings-clappingyellow: . It will plow virgin ground but might need to do it a couple of times.

Lane Ranger

Here are some photos of my dad plowing on a 1964 Wheel Horse 1054 with a Wheel Horse 12 inch plow made special for the 1054.

102_7031.jpg

100_8817.jpg

100_8819-1.jpg

100_8823.jpg

Here are two videos:

th_100_8820.jpg

th_100_8822.jpg

• Like 2

1975wheelhorsec160

i noticed i dont have the hitch for where it mounts to the tractor does anyone have one theyd like to sell

kpinnc

If you set it up right, you can plow pavement with a moldboard. If your tractor stops moving when plowing (gets stuck), you're taking too much bite with each pass. There are videos on Youtube that explain setting the plow up, and it's very simple. The process doesn't change much from one type garden tractor to another.

If you're cutting turf or SMALL roots, you'll need the coulter wheel. Otherwise, raise it all the way or remove it.

B-100 Dan

Your C125-8 will work GREAT. I have pulled a plow with an 8hp. WH. Used to have a 16 horse with hydro, man did that beast work good with the moldboard plow. I've been looking localy for another plow. Hard to find here in northern Pa.

1975wheelhorsec160

i also have a c160 hydro that im rebuilding

Butch

I never had grass in the front of our house inside the circle driveway. I had weeds and underbrush growing. Plus the ground was a foot higher on one side than the other and overall the ground was uneven. Out of curiosity I tried my moldboard plow to see what would happen. It did a great job of turning everything under and loosening up the soil. I then used my mid-mount grader to move a lot of dirt and level everything out. WOW! What a great job those two attachments did. No disc. No rototiller. I then laid 600' of 1" pipe and put in 15 Hunter stainless steel sprinkler heads. I now have 2 week old seed growing!!