Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Upcoming CT. shows! Who's going?

tomtractor

If I had to pick one show. Which would you all recommend?

VinsRJ

If I had to pick one show. Which would you all recommend?

They are both really good shows... but my vote would be Zagray.

SALTYWRIGHT

I PICK KENT. I AM GOING TO BOTH ON SATURDAY.

nylyon

Still planning on Kent, but there are some kids activities which may be happening as well.

fireman

The weather forecast is not looking good for the Kent Show this weekend. Looks like their calling for 40% chance of showers for all three days. For any of you that haven't been there before, the parking lot and the walk/drive ways turn into mud bogs when it rains. I know I won't be going if it does rain. Good thing I only live 20 minutes away.

Wallfish, you should give me a call before you head down this way to check on the conditions!

wallfish

I'm not even sure if I can make it now. I'm still shooting for Sat though.

Last year they called for rain and we still had a pretty good time.

I've been working on that little 2 seater to bring with me too.

VinsRJ

There is always Zagray the weekend after.... :eusa-think:

And lets be honest the riding area is batter at Zagray then Kent. I'll have a '35 out and about.

fireman

I'll be at Zagray come hell or high water. I missed it the last 4 years in a row. Not gonna happen this time!

wallfish

The Oct show at Zagray seems to be the best of the 3 shows they have.

VinsRJ

The Oct show at Zagray seems to be the best of the 3 shows they have.

I totally agree! But the July show this year was not to shabbie either. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Coadster32

Looks like Kent is out for me. One of my good friends lost his father a few weeks back. They had tickets to the Nascar race in Dover this coming weekend. He asked me to go, and there's no way I'm going to let him down. He really needs a fun time away right about now.

Still haven't been to Zagary, and really looking forward to that one. Planning on Sat. with my son David in tow.

nylyon

Jeff, I agree with you. Even the day after a rain that place is nasty and not just the walk from the field to the grounds either. 50% chance of rain at this point, and I ain't going if its raining either.

Ken B

Last yr. I sunk My Chevy at least a foot in the mud at the Kent show because some clown blocked me in. It really didn't even look muddy (it looked grassy) but boy let me tell you! I had to put it to the mat to get it out and within about 15 seconds my entire truck, trailer and tractors were covered in mud. It was very loose heavy mud under that grass. I think I would have sunk to China if I didn't get out of there fast. It took me took me 3 hrs. to clean the whole mess when I got home.

I enjoy both shows but Zagray Farms is my favorite. You just never know what you might find there!

wallfish

With a long drive and the weather forcast, I'm out for this weekend. See you guys at Zagray!

VinsRJ

The 10 day for Zagray looks nice... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

stevebo

What is all this talk about mud? These tractors are made to drive int he mud ! I have the trailer loaded up and ready to go but if it is raining hard tomorrow I am out but my son Brennan simply will NOT take no for an answer for Saturday. He has been asking me for the past 2 weeks which tractors we should bring.... lol He chose the orginal late 55 and the 59 RJ. Hope the weatherman is wrong as usual !

Ken B

Nice picks to bring to the show Brennan! If I wasn't going to Philly tomm I'd go rain or shine, but that is only because its a short drive to the Kent show for me. The food is great there and I've made some pretty good scores there in the past. Bring your EASY UP tent and you'll be good to go. Don't park deep into that field Steve, you'll regret it if you do, stay as close to the lower roadway as possible. Oh, and go cash HEAVY. (as always!)

fireman

Today is a wash out I think. Tomorrow if the rain holds off I'll go. Not sure if I'm going to bother bringing any tractors since not many of us are even going. May just go up with some cash and see what's for sale.

Let's hope the weather is nice for Zagray!

SALTYWRIGHT

WHO ELSE IS GOING ON SATURDAY IN THE MUD ? I WILL GO IF IT IS NOT RAINING HARD.

nylyon

Has anyone been today? Steve, maybe your Son can come pick me and the kids up in the field and drive us up? Door to door service?

AMC RULES

Don't forget to bring your swimmies. :)

fireman

Looks like the ran has past and not to much more in the forecast. I am going to go Saturday and see what it's like. If it's reel bad I won't even unload the tractors but we'll see. Saturday is calling for mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

stevebo

Jeff/Russ,

What time you guys heading up?

nylyon

Decided to go, we'll be there between 11 and 1, who ever makes it, see you there!

fireman

Steve is on his way. I am leaving momentarily. See you all there.