Sign in to follow this  
squonk

A Stack for Elvis. Need advice

squonk

I've been working off an on to put a stack on my Power King, Elvis. I had to custom build an exhaust pipe to get it out from under the hood. I didn't want to try to get the stub out of the block. Anyone else with a PK will tell you there isn't a lot of room under the hood. I've got an old 90 deg. Gravely muffler mocked up in place and plan on buying a new muffler when the fiddling is done. I have a piece of conduit for the stack now and am playing with different lengths. I have a piece of stainless pipe that I'm going to use for the final version but I need to know how long it needs to be. Right now I have a 42" piece of conduit on it and it's about right sitting on the tractor. You sit quite high on a PK 2414 and didn't want the pipe exhaust lower than my face. That's one of the problems I had, The pipe out the side would blow exhaust all over my hydraulic hoses and if the wind was right, all over me. What do you guys think? Longer? Shorter? or just right? The last pic here is the stainless pipe I'm going to use

post-2380-0-40883800-1346617795_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-08529200-1346617819_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-32010500-1346617848_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-68454200-1346617873_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

Probably depends on how tall you sit in the saddle Mike.

Seems hard to believe the top of that pipe would clear your big ol' tater. :ychain:

KC9KAS

I like the tall stainless steel exhaust pipe......But, make sure you have the exhaust pipe braced good at the engine. With that much pipe sticking in the air, it's going to hit something at some time. You down't want to break the threaded fitting off inside the block!

Ken B

Looks about right to me. I wish I kept my Economy with the bucket loader, I could use it about now!

Jake Kuhn

I think that looks great the way it is! Gonna get it polished? ~Jake

squonk

I think that looks great the way it is! Gonna get it polished? ~Jake

I'm going to use the stainless pipe in the final pic as a final product. Wanted to use the conduit just to get the height right. I didn't want to cut the stainless until I was sure of the length and any other mods needed. I have pics on the complete fab job when done.

squonk

Got it finished today.

First pic you can see there isn't a lot of room to work on this PK.

IMG_0245.jpg

custom made exhaust pipe. A used PK pipe with about 6" of chrome moly go-kart frame pipe in it. Pipe was also cut and angles changed as well as the angle it would come out of the side.

IMG_0246.jpg

O.E. pipe and muffler on the left as well as the junk yard unit I used to mock it up.

IMG_0247.jpg

New muffler and stainless stack.

IMG_0248.jpg

All done except I need to build a brace.

IMG_0249.jpg

I love rain caps! :)

IMG_0250.jpg

CRE1992

Mike your killing me that thing looks beautiful! I need to start adding stuff to my power king!!! First off will be hydraulics! lol.

AMC RULES

Nice job Mike.

bowtiebutler956

Looks Fantastic! Very nice work, and that is a beautiful PK, and Loader!! :woohoo::bow-blue:

Matt :flags-texas:

6wheeler

OK, Here's my :twocents-02cents: worth. First, function over form. I don't really care about shiny or chrome. (Chrome won't get you home) If the stack keeps the exhaust out of your face, USE IT. Make it so it don't break, if you have to fix it again? you wasted valuable time. I like the upright. blows the exhaust over my head. All of my tractors are gonna get it. If you already had the stuff in your shop? BONUS. Do it. Pat

squonk

All I bought was the muffler,rain cap and clamps. Pipe is from a handicap rail for a bathroom pulled out of the dumpster. Chrome -moly is from my friends scrap bin. :)

Ken B

Nice clean factory looking job Mike. Ya can't stop them Power Kings!