Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

The "Locator" Strikes Again! (Front cast wheel weghts)

CRE1992

So since other members have deemed me the locator from my ability to find certain deals, this one maybe a deal for the history books. While cruising around Craigslist, I just happened to enter a certain CT craigslist. And low and behold front wheel horse cast iron wheel weights. I call the guy up and asks how much he wants and he says $30!! So I scramble to redsquares member map! Find Sparky is the closest one to the weights and shoot him a PM. He responds and picks them up and sends a picture! Major kudos to you Sparky (Mike)! And now to get them to NJ. And to those who don't know I apparently collect wheel weights also?

-Charles

CA03771C-F173-4FB7-A59D-1B519F83646C-948-00000081E63E462A.jpg

d4548ed5.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Nice Charles! I think sparky should send them to me! :hide: ~Jake

stevebo

Shame on you Sparky! Don't you know we don't allow any WH "stock" out of CT and you even helped do it! :ychain:

AMC RULES

...and he's done it before too.

Sparky

Glad to help Charles! When I got to the guys house he had two Wheel Horses for sale. One was a 414-8 (Kohler "K" series) with a 42" deck and a rear axle bracket (but no plow or tiller). The other was a 416-8 (ONAN 16 twin) with a 48" deck.

If anyone wants the contact info for the guy just PM me.

Mike..........

Forest Road

I picked up NOS front wheel weights from a dealer in Newburgh NY last month. Looked like he probably had a few more sets if anyone is interested PM me. I certainly paid more than $30!

BTW I have a c160 auto for sale if anyone is looking.

squonk

i got a pair of those for $60.00 freshly painted :wh: red last winter in Buffalo. Had to drive through the only meaningful snow fall we had last winter to get them.

buckrancher

I have a pair of new old stock ones I picked up from a wheelhorse dealer and paid $20.00 for them

• Like 1

buckrancher

Shame on you Sparky! Don't you know we don't allow any WH "stock" out of CT and you even helped do it! :ychain:

find thing for you to say mister sneek into NY to buy your wheel horses :ychain: try staying on your own side of the boarder

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Not that I'd pass up a good priced used set, but you can still buy them brand new. :hide: Fronts and rears... cast iron, not those stupid plastic shell ones.

Kelly

About 2 years ago, I bought a set of front cast WH weights and a Tombstone weight delivered to my house for $80 the guy drove 50 miles to deliver them.

SousaKerry

I can beat that I got a pair of WH cast front weights from a guy at work for $20 and he approached me :ychain:

• Like 1

varosd

Charles (and everyone else) Send some of those good deals to me! just kidding, we all will get the "good deal" once in a while! just wish they were more often

CRE1992

Brian and Sousakerry stop stealing my thunder! lol

rwilson

I picked a set of them up for my dad. They were at my local toro dealer he said $20. Couldnt get the money out fast enough!!

perry

Not that I'd pass up a good priced used set, but you can still buy them brand new. :hide: Fronts and rears... cast iron, not those stupid plastic shell ones.

the original style ? . never would have thought they would still be available . whats the $$$ on them new.

CasualObserver

Last time I looked, the fronts were about $150 and the rears were $225. Part numbers 81115 and 81117

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

Tim

So since other members have deemed me the locator from my ability to find certain deals, this one maybe a deal for the history books. While cruising around Craigslist, I just happened to enter a certain CT craigslist. And low and behold front wheel horse cast iron wheel weights. I call the guy up and asks how much he wants and he says $30!! So I scramble to redsquares member map! Find Sparky is the closest one to the weights and shoot him a PM. He responds and picks them up and sends a picture! Major kudos to you Sparky (Mike)! And now to get them to NJ. And to those who don't know I apparently collect wheel weights also?

-Charles

CA03771C-F173-4FB7-A59D-1B519F83646C-948-00000081E63E462A.jpg

do you know what length carriage bolts are needed to put the front weights in the picture on a c141 rim? Edited by Tim