Sign in to follow this  
kpinnc

Anybody know anything about HY-2 pumps?

kpinnc

I just got one of these off of Ebay. It was listed as a Simplicity part, but it is the same exact thing. Part number PU-100 molded into the casting. Pop has one on his Cub Cadet, same thing on the casting.

I know these were manufactured by Century, and apparently several companies sold them as an add-on hydraulic lift unit. I've seen JD, Cub, Simplicity, and Wheel Horse models.

Believe it or not, mine has never been used. It has been sitting on a shelf for years, and has never even had fluid it it. I took it apart, and it still has factory lube on the gear shafts, etc.. It's really nice.

It appears these can be driven clockwise or counter-clockwise if the input shaft is moved to the other side of the pump.

Question is, do any of you guys know where I can get any parts for them? The Toro website shows the pump head assembly is still available, but when I ordered it (from two different parts warehouses), I got a 2 page manual for a Gilson mower. Reason being, Pop wants to use his on another machine, and it will need to be driven the opposite direction it is now. I'd like to find a new pump head (they are crazy cheap) just in case we break it.

Any ideas? I'm fresh out here...

Kevin

Rollerman

Kevin I have an HY3 kit & a similiar pump from a Bolens.

I wasn't aware the parts were even available anymore?

I get out to the garage tommorrow I'll have a better look & look in the manual too.

Stephen in northern IN

kpinnc

Thanks Stephen,

Yeah, a few parts are still available. I've got a new seal for the imput shaft, and things like the internal spring and a few other things are still available. All the online parts stores claim the entire pump head is too, but so far 3 of them have been unable to deliver. I ordered these parts for Pop's pump, not mine. He got his from an older JD, and is trying to mount it on his Cub 100.

Like you said about the Bolens- several manufactuers used these pumps. They are Century PU-100 pumps. If you look closely at the input shaft, you'll see that the shaft can be moved from one side to the other, based on which direction you need the pump to run (all about how your engine is oriented: WH and cubs mount the same way, but JDs had to run the opposite direction based on where the pump was mounted in relation to the engine). Some of the models are not drilled out, and some are. Mine is drilled for either orientation, Pop's isn't. Nothing a machine shop can't fix. Steady hands with a drill press could probably do it, but one slip and the pump is ruined. :D

The pump I got is brand new, but was on a shelf for years. It had never even had fluid in it. It still had factory caps on the two ports the lines connect to, and the faces of the internal gears still have the marks left on them by the machines that cut them out. I was very surprised to have gotten one in it's condition! On top of that, I got it for less than $50. No hoses or cylinder, but just a new complete pump. Here is a pic:

83ab_11.jpg

My pump is ready to mount to a WH tractor as it is. Pop's needs to be "flipped" internally to work on his Cub. That's why I needed the info.

Thanks for looking for the manuals!

Kevin