Hammerhead

Hammerhead's Rat Rod attempt!

bowtiebutler956

Thanks Matt! I agree with you on that. I could look at that front end picture all day!! Lol...Looks like a nice snug fit under the hood, what a monster! I think the Mopar rearend in these old Panzers are strong enough to handle the Mini Elephant Motor. I'll probably have a long shifter knob that sticks way up in the air or a Hurst shifter from one of my hotrods back in the day. Also want some wheelie bars, aluminum gas tank up front like the old gassers had and a wind up handle on the rearend like the old fuelie cars had in the 1960's. Cool beans for now..KJ

All those ideas are awesome, especially the gasser type fuel tank in the front! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt

lynchburgrick

this is sick hammer head just sick. man i wish i had that 331 for my 53 plymouth you sure you dont want to run my flat head?

AMC RULES

Any updates available? 

Wheel-N-It

Any updates available? 

Somehow I had forgot about this project. Even if you have not made one inch of progress, I'd love to see some more pics!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Just thought I'd check to see if you've done anything with this amazing Beast! 

Matt :flags-texas:

19richie66

Yes....... Whats up with this? I need ideas. I have a big block buick that is going into a cub cadet. Glad I am not the only one thats warped.

eb in oregon

The questions becomes, why wouldn't you do it?

I'm reminded of two things. The first was that I knew a guy in High School, Terry Dawes was his name. He had been working on a Doodlebug (slightly larger mini-bike) which he had installed a 250 cc Honda Hawk motor. When he took that first "putt" around the block he came back white as a sheet. The scooter went into the garage and I don't think he ever road it again.

The second thing is, you ever seen a street luge? It's a really big skateboard that you lie on. I've seen videos of rocket powered luges. You lie on your back and fire off that rocket, just behind your head.

Some things are made to just look at and maybe turn on and run once in awhile just to let others hear the motor. I think that little tractor would be one of those. But if it "floats your boat," go for it.

Edited by eb in oregon

Olratlr

Be sure and get Life Insurance and have fun.

invisybill

I had this 1954 Dodge Red Ram Hemi engine laying in the garage for many years. I wanted to build a power unit out of it but I tripped over these 1959 Copar Panzer parts and thought, hmmmm! So I have it mocked up so far but I'll have to make a new frame and weld it together. It looks pretty beefy so far! Should I do it or what? Looks like a done deal to me! KJ

you may want to extend that frame,I would hate to see you land on you great thinking noggin 

elliot ness

That's Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat! :happy-jumpeveryone: