Hammerhead

Hammerhead's Rat Rod attempt!

AMC RULES

Yep, bada$$ right there.

I can hear it now...isn't it done yet Papaw? :)

c161rat

A Copar Mopar.....It rhymes so it must mean the two go together.......I call dibs on the second ride!!!!!! If it holds together that is......

c161rat

Might want to change the hand throttle on the hood though.....LOL....Hemi stuck full throttle could do some damage.....

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Hey c161rat, that's a good one, Copar Mopar! They even had a Mopar rearend in these old Panzers! Yeh I may need a foot gas pedal set up! Looks like they moved this post now nobody else will see it, dang....KJ

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

:jaw: :jaw: Hemi powered Garden Tractor, do you even have to ask? :text-datsphatyo: Get to work! Is it done yet? You Da Man!! :bow-blue: I'm subsribed to this thread for life, and I really think you should rename this thread the Copar Mopar! I've been toying with the idea of dropping a small block chevy in a Cub I have, but thats not even half as cool as a Hemi powered Panzer! :scared-eek::thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

312Hydro

That's INSANE!! THAT"S why you gotta do it! Just be sure to add roll cage, wheelie bars and 'chute. You do want to stop ,don't ya? :ychain:

Oh, and get rid of that decal above the name on the hood,detracts from the seriousness of your project. :ychain:

Can you run a carb and air cleaner under that hood or will you go "hood less" to show that beautiful hemi?

It would be neat if you could replace the "C" with an embossed "M" in Copar.

I'm subscribed,great project! :bow-blue:

Jake Kuhn

Now thats one neat looking tractor there! :text-datsphatyo:

squonk

:jaw: :jaw::scared-eek: :scared-eek: :thumbs:

Ken B

The questions becomes, why wouldn't you do it?

Coadster32

Yet another thread that'll be 25 pages long, and have thousands of views. You got my vote!! Love the Copar Mopar name as well.

(Looking thru the crystal ball, I see some custom decals in your furture)

VinsRJ

I'd got for it too!

Just go with a skinnier tire up front.......

KATO

SWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!

perry

thumbs up here :)

c161rat

Hey c161rat, that's a good one, Copar Mopar! They even had a Mopar rearend in these old Panzers! Yeh I may need a foot gas pedal set up! Looks like they moved this post now nobody else will see it, dang....KJ

Kinda rolls off the tongue.........I wish I had an old hemi i was tripping over in my garage.....I must not be living right!!!!!!!! LOL

speedyleedy

That's a sweet ride hammerhead ! :)

Ken B

If you play your cards right you should be able to have as much fun as this guy. The video is a little sketchy but trust me, its worth a look. Half way thru he starts laying down some good burn outs.

• Like 3

VinsRJ

If you play your cards right you should be able to have as much fun as this guy. The video is a little sketchy but trust me, its worth a look. Half way thru he starts laying down some good burn outs.

Ken,

When that vid was put up on YouTube, that tractor and hot rod Panzers became all the rage. My brother even at one time had all the parts to put together a Panzer just like that one. The Dodge rear really opens the door to HP!

Don1977

Better change out the rear end to a 9" Ford don't think that old Dodge rear end will hold it.

bowtiebutler956

Better change out the rear end to a 9" Ford don't think that old Dodge rear end will hold it.

I don't know, I think as light as it will be, and its not like it would ever hook up very well with a Hemi pushing it. Talk about miles of smiles! :woohoo::text-datsphatyo::bow-blue:

diesel cowboy

Actually that rear end was designed at the same time the Red Ram Hemi's were built and I belive they were used together so it should be able to take it. Anyways its still a cool project

AMC RULES

Cool video...that's what I want to do to my rusty 702. :)

Hammerhead

I had seen that Panzer on Youtube a long time ago, it was pretty cool! I figured I would leave this one all dirty and "as is" rather than painting it. Kind of like a old doodlebug tractor. Those are one of my favorite old machines that people made out of anything they had on the farm! I have a 1920 Fordson Model F that is pretty bad ass on steel wheels. I like the early Fordson's and old Model T Fords that were converted to tractors. I may have to get rid of the John Deere sticker on the front grill though,lol...KJ

bowtiebutler956

I had seen that Panzer on Youtube a long time ago, it was pretty cool! I figured I would leave this one all dirty and "as is" rather than painting it. Kind of like a old doodlebug tractor. Those are one of my favorite old machines that people made out of anything they had on the farm! I have a 1920 Fordson Model F that is pretty bad ass on steel wheels. I like the early Fordson's and old Model T Fords that were converted to tractors. I may have to get rid of the John Deere sticker on the front grill though,lol...KJ

I think your Panzer will be about the most Bad A$$ Panzer or GT for that matter I've ever seen! :scared-eek: I agree, the JD sticker has got to go!!! :ychain:

Hammerhead

Thanks Matt! I agree with you on that. I could look at that front end picture all day!! Lol...Looks like a nice snug fit under the hood, what a monster! I think the Mopar rearend in these old Panzers are strong enough to handle the Mini Elephant Motor. I'll probably have a long shifter knob that sticks way up in the air or a Hurst shifter from one of my hotrods back in the day. Also want some wheelie bars, aluminum gas tank up front like the old gassers had and a wind up handle on the rearend like the old fuelie cars had in the 1960's. Cool beans for now..KJ

• Like 4