Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

This weeks haul - 753

hcminis

Was able to snag this 753 from C.L. this week. Complete and in pretty good shape. Was able to get good spark. Motor will turn over pretty good. Carburetor throttle shaft is siezed and broke. So, gonna need a new carburetor...hint hint and help locating one. Came with the rear bracket for a snow plow which is a plus. Back rest is in pretty good shape considering the age. Really excited about this one. Hope to get it running soon. Sorry for the bad pictures. Hope to get better pics this weekend.

post-1864-0-82895400-1345637956.jpg

post-1864-0-50860900-1345637985.jpg

post-1864-0-08207700-1345637997.jpg

post-1864-0-47572800-1345638010.jpg

post-1864-0-79465100-1345638018.jpg

• Like 1

Tankman

Nice find! What's on the front of the hood/grill?

hcminis

Previous owner fabricated a light and bracket. Good thing he used the factory holes in the frame to mount the bracket. It is gone now...lol

Jake Kuhn

Thats one nice tractor you scored! If the backrest goes up for sale let me know. :hide: ~Jake

Tankman

Backrest looks like an easy fabrication. In the shop, easy to form.

Guess one could form a piece of left over leaf spring?

AMC RULES

Nice find, plan to restore that one or part it out?

hcminis

Plan as of right now is to get it running and keep it original. Needs a good bath. Been in a barn for 4 - 5 years without moving. The tires are in great condition and don't have any weather cracks. Three still had good air pressure and the third was about half. Really hate the carburetor throttle shaft broke. Sure it would be running by now if that hadn't happened.

rydogg

I sent you a pm on the carburetor...I can ship tomorrow if you still need one.

Hammerhead

Nice find on this one! I'd clean it up, oil it down and keep it in original condition!! Yahooooo! KJ

hcminis

Yup, gonna keep it original.

Forgive my ignorance...but have seen a tractor oiled down. Exactly how is this done? Do you just rub oil on the tractor? Again, new to this process.

Thanks

Terry M

NICE!, would like to find one of those some day.

dtallon

Very nice find. We will have to compare notes between your new toy and my 854. They look to be in very similar condition.

Dave

hcminis

Thank everyone. This is one of my favorites so far. Killing me right now that I can't devote 100% my time to get it running....working for a living really stinks.

hcminis

Here are a couple more pictures with better light.post-1864-0-50569600-1345731919.jpgpost-1864-0-68550000-1345731920.jpgpost-1864-0-91571600-1345731921.jpgpost-1864-0-05065400-1345731923.jpgpost-1864-0-16899000-1345731924.jpg

• Like 2

stevebo

Since I have "some" experience in oiling up my tractors lol .. you will want to clean it first using simple green and a scotchbrite pad to remove all grease and surface rust so it is then smooth. Allow it to dry and then you can simply pour oil on a decent quality rag and wipe it down. Other ways to do it are to use wd-40 by spray and allow it to soak for a bit then wipe the excess off. What I have recently been using is marvil mystery oil poured in a spray bottle and then spray it on. By using the spray you can get it in areas that you will not be able to with a rag. I allow it to soak for a bit then wipe off the excess with a rag. Here are some examples of the oiled method...

post-734-0-07797500-1345770968.jpg

post-734-0-31996400-1345770993_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-20126100-1345771032_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-98197400-1345771053.jpg

grnlark

Oh god no folks! We're not making salad here. Leave it alone. Every time you touch it you'll ruin a pair of pants. I'm not being sarcastic either.

stevebo

I knew you were "lurking" around here "mr clean"......

fireman

Some how I knew Steve was going to chime in about the oil and it would get some responses. :ychain:

I for one would never use oil. Just clean and degrease it real good, scotch bright the rough spots and give it a good coat of wax.

stevebo

Wax on rust will not work... it will turn white and look real bad. I always say "you can't polish a turd" (but you can oil it up) lol :ychain:

• Like 1

grnlark

Its not rust. Its patina. Its the tractors original "work clothes". It tells a story. Its not a garden salad. Would you like some dinner rolls with your tractor?

hcminis

ok. Thanks guys. Didn't mean to start a war.

Rooster

ROFL...you did not start anything!

You just provided new battleground!

stevebo

There is no "war" here. We are just busting on eachother. Matt (Gnlark) is a neat freak just ask those who have seen his garage/shop... He wears his sunday's best while driving his tractor at the shows and doesn't like to get them dirty....lol

AMC RULES

Tell 'em Matt, grn-acres...is the place to be. :)

post-3498-0-95363600-1345846869_thumb.jp

• Like 1

squonk

Tell 'em Matt, grn-acres...is the place to be. :)

Hey! Where did you get the picture of my Dad? :scratchead: :ychain:
  • Like 1