Sign in to follow this  
smoreau

Clinton engine find at Oakley tractor show

smoreau

Found this little 1 1/2 hp Clinton that had to come home with me. It does run and has no knocks or abnormal noises. Carb needs work as it floods over, but the inside of the carb is clean in the fuel bowl. I am thinking of using it for a doodle bug wh project.

Serial no cc72853

Model 700 A

Rpm 3200 HP 1 1/2

post-3231-134538847929_thumb.jpg

post-3231-13453885209_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134538855546_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134538858758_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134538861299_thumb.jpg

post-3231-134538864054_thumb.jpg

And yes it was only $25

bowtiebutler956

I love it! I don't have any clintons, but I have several old Briggs engines from that era. Did you say a :wh: doodlebug project? :jaw: You can't say something like that without telling us a little more about it! I mean, are we talking about a Wheel Horse rearend with a doodlebug front or vise versa, or what? You have me curious! Start Talking! :teasing-poke::ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

ipperwash

I have one of these Clinton Motors 700 A I start up once a month just listen to it run Let us in on the Doodlebug project ??

smoreau

I have several parts from a lot of different model wh tractors that I have collected over the years and thinking of putting them all together to make a nice conversation piece. I would like it to be not painted, just thrown together like a doddle bug. no paint! rusty and what ever color it was is ok. Boy is this thing quiet when it runs, need to do some work to get it to run without squirting gas in the carb, but I will get to that in a few weeks.

bowtiebutler956

I have several parts from a lot of different model wh tractors that I have collected over the years and thinking of putting them all together to make a nice conversation piece. I would like it to be not painted, just thrown together like a doddle bug. no paint! rusty and what ever color it was is ok. Boy is this thing quiet when it runs, need to do some work to get it to run without squirting gas in the carb, but I will get to that in a few weeks.

Sounds like a fun project!! :text-datsphatyo: When you said doodlebug, I thought you were talking about those old vintage scooters that either had a clinton, or a briggs np on them. I was picturing some kind of :wh: trike. :ROTF: I'm kind of relieved your not cutting up a :wh: or a doodlebug frame! :ychain: Sound like a fun build you'll be doing, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas: