Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Early RJ35 fuel tank

rydogg

I was doing some work on my RJ35 that I picked up this spring and noticed that the fuel tank seems too small I have an early model with the gas tank stand. Can anyone get me the measurements of the correct tank so I can verify mine or start looking for the proper size a picture would be helpful too. Thanks in advance, Ryan

stevebo

It is a clinton tank.

post-734-0-86017800-1345293117.jpg

post-734-0-07600300-1345293224.jpg

TT

"buckrancher" Brian was here a few weeks ago & measured the tank on my early '55

Perhaps he will see this & share the dimensions. If not, I can dig it out later.

Rumor is that the tank is from the A-2500 Clinton engine.

Looking at some pictures of them here on the internet, I would say it's not a rumor. :thumbs2:

Hammerhead

One just sold on Ebay for $170.00 and some change!! That was last week or 2 ago. It was from an early RJ too. I bought one awhile back for $15.00 from a fellow member here, thanks Mike. Just goes to show the price range is huge. Gotta love them early RJ's...KJ

rydogg

One just sold on Ebay for $170.00 and some change!! That was last week or 2 ago. It was from an early RJ too. I bought one awhile back for $15.00 from a fellow member here, thanks Mike. Just goes to show the price range is huge. Gotta love them early RJ's...KJ

I was bidding on that but it got out of my price range. My tank is the shorter more common Clinton tank so I will be in search of the correct or correct looking one.

Thank you Steve for the picture that will be a huge help in finding another one.

buckrancher

5 3/8" W x 6 1/4" T x 8 1/4" L

VinsRJ

Steve is correct. The early RJ use a Clinton tank. They were found on 1200s also. Look for a 50-60's generator with a Clinton.

clintonnut

2500 series clinton tank is longer than the one used on an RJ. I have a few of them but will hold on to them!

Charlie

rydogg

Well, Merry Christmas to me I got my RJ35 fuel tank dropped off by USPS this morning and just got back home from christmas parties so I could open it up. I have been scouring ebay to find one that was reasonably priced and finally got this one that is nice and clean and ready for paint. This one was listed as a kohler tank but I checked the dimensions and figured out it was the clinton tank that I need.

wheelhorse353.jpg

Jake Kuhn

Nice find, always pays off to wait! ~Jake