Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

GT-14 Hydraulic Lines

KC9KAS

I have added the auxillary hydraulic cylinder to my GT-14 3 pt lift. I mounted the control valve on the left hand side, opposite of the right control valve (for mid-mount lift).

I will have to get some new (longer) hydraulic hoses made for this, but my problem is this....The 90 degree fitting at the top of the cylinder is hitting the mounting arm of the lift. It isn't hitting a lot, but I am afraid that with an attachment moving the lift up/down will cause a problem.

Does anyone have a photo of their hydraulic line connections for this? I believe I have the correct cylinder (and valve) for this operation.....same as the mid-mount.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

gin

Hi,

I'm mostly a newbie when it comes to hydraulics but here is what I can tell you about this section or hose.

I've had a lot of issues trying to replace these lines in the past, due to my ignorance and new lines are much more rigid. The old lines were flexible, thinner , and had an all in one end , which I don't think you can get today. Some of the hoses I replaced had 45 degree ends , which is what i put on that particular section( see the pic) and not a 90 degree.I then went under the control arm and back up to the top. It seems the area is pretty tight and it's almost easier to head back with the line and try to come in straight to the control.

I had to cut and paste the image because my file is 6+MB and I'm not sure how to import a pic w/ more than 1MB so sorry if its not that good quality and the rest of the image is gone. If you go to get new lines try to get some consistency in the size. I ended up mixing ends which were #4's and #5's ends instead of all just #4's or all #5's. New hydraulic lines need to adapt the orb to the hydraulic nipple so it fittings will be longer then stock. I'd suggest getting a few 90's and 45's that can rotate and take it from there. You might have some issues connecting to the control but w/ some spare 45's / 90's it should be a bit easier.

I was gonna try to add the 2nd hydraulic cylinder to the 3pt hitch and would love to see a pic or diagram of how it is attached to the pump / hydraulic system. But I know if I try it I will remove the center control and add a dual stick or reposition the control and mount it on one of the fenders. Unless you want to keep your horse close to original I'd least think about that as a possiblitiy. It might save you some time trying to squeeze all those hydraulics in a very small space but will certainly add a considerable expense, in new lines.

good luck. I hope this helps

post-7660-0-04639100-1345235246.png

KC9KAS

Thanks gin.....I did find some pictures on this forum for the rear 3 pt lift cylinder and the hydraulic line going to it. Hey, the search function really works!

In order to have the stock mid mount cylinder AND the 3 pt lift cylinder, you must have 2 seperate control valves.

I have found an auto parts place that makes the hydro lines. I just need to go there with my old hoses and tell then what length the new hoses need to be.

These fittings are called male "O" ring BOSS swivel fittings in a straight, 90 degree or a 45 degree. They are 5/16" fittings and they call the 5/16" a "5". The 1/4" are "4", and the 3/8" are called "6".....4/16ths=1/4", 5/16ths=5/16", 6/16ths=3/8" and so forth....