Sign in to follow this  
SolarStallion

Charger 10 Deck problem

SolarStallion

My new 1969 Charger 10 seems to have an issue with the deck attaching to the mower. The deck is 5-1422, 42" Side Discharge Mower, 1969. The top of the deck assembly has a steel rod that attaches to a swing latch on the bottom of the tractor. The rod does not seem to be long enough to stay latched in. It is flush on the outside of the latch. As I am mowing one side keeps comming out of the latch, then causes a problem with the pto belt jumping off the flat idler pulley. It seems like the rod should be a little longer and should have a wider stop on the ends to keep it from coming out. Is this a problem with all these decks?

SMITTY

Check the brackets that mount to the tractor they may be mounted on wrong side of the frame. Will look at mine tonight.

SMITTY

Sorry forgot about you last night. Checked mine brackets on outside of frame which dosent help you as that makes it wider. Remembered had the same problem add a washer as spacer on the PTO side should solve the problem. Keep us up to date

Smitty

SolarStallion

Thanks Smitty,

I will look for a washer that will fit. I may end up trying to weld a flat washer or something flat on the other end away from the pto. That is the side that keeps coming out.

I was going to try to drill a hole in the center of the rod and screw in a large washer to stop it from coming out but it looked like someone may have done that in the past. Seems like there may be a screw already in there and it is preventing me from drilling in.