Sign in to follow this  
Hallega

C 125 no spark

Hallega

Hi everyone,

I've had this wheel horse for the past 25 years or so and it's been sitting in my barn for about 6 years. I remember how well it performed over my Kubota sit on and my husband decided to get it going again.

He can't get a spark, everything else is fine, fuel pumping, it turns over but won't start.

We can't remember either whether you have to sit on the seat, hold the brake down etc, can you please tell us how to start this machine?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks from the UK

tunahead72

I'm surprised nobody's responded yet, and I'm not one of the experts, but I'll try to get you started....

First, welcome to here! :WRS:

Assuming you have a manual transmission, to start the engine you should:

• Sit in the seat (not absolutely necessary for starting, but easier and much safer).
  • Depress the clutch pedal (on the left side), all the way until it stops, and hold it there firmly.
  • Shift the transmission into neutral (also not totally necessary, but safer, make sure the tractor can't roll anywhere).
  • Disengage the PTO by pulling the lever (on the right side) back, all the way until it stops.

From there, close the choke control if necessary, set the throttle control about halfway, and turn the ignition key until the engine (hopefully) starts.

There's any number of reasons you wouldn't get spark -- bad spark plug, points, coil, ignition switch.... I'll let others more knowledgeable than me help you troubleshoot this.

By the way, how is your husband testing for spark?

Hope this helps!

Hallega

Dear Tunhead72,

Many thanks for your response, I was surprised too!

It's been such a long time since I used the wheel horse that I'd forgotten all the starting procedures. We managed to get it going yesterday but it's not running as well as we would like, my husband has gone away for a week so no starting it again until he comes back.

I believe it was something electrical, wire attached in the wrong place.

I think we need a rubber gasket for something, but I would have thought it's going to be difficult to obtain it here, we will see.

Great machine, would cut through anything, can't wait to get it going again.

Once again thank you from the other side of the pond.

tunahead72

Glad to hear you got it started, I know how exciting that can be!

The very good news is that parts for these machines are still generally available. You're probably right, it may be more difficult to find parts where you are, but it's not impossible. There's a great group of people in the U.K. who are members of this forum, you can check out the "Europe" section to see what they're up to, I'm sure they have a better idea of where to find parts there.

There's also a bunch of good online parts suppliers, there's a set of links to their websites here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/links/

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the answer to this question, but do you have Toro and Kohler dealers over there?

Good luck, and feel free to ask away when you have questions, this forum is a great source of information, from some very friendly people!

Hallega

Many thanks for your help, I didn't realise there was a "Europe" section on here, I'll investigate further.

I'm on the case for Kohler as well.