Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

It's IH red but not a WH

JUSS10

Very cool. I recently tuned up a C, H, and M for a friend. Would love to get my hands on a C or H someday.

Magneto or coil ignition? I'd assume it's been upgraded to 12 volt?

Love these machines, they got me hooked on tractors and eventually finding wheel horse

Kelly

Coil/batt. ign. and still 6 volt, seems to charge good.

SousaKerry

never saw a battery ignition on an H but it sure looks like someone found a way too do it....

If you remove that belt drive PTO unit just behind the engine it should lighten it up quite a bit

and if you remove the fenders the wheels should slide in quite a bit onlyt two bolts but if they have never been moved it can be quite a pain

Kelly

From what I have read many had batt. ign. and the wheels will only go in about a 1" on each side they are all ready close.

SousaKerry

huh I guess we had the oddball magneto then :bow-blue:

It was kinda handy tho we would pull start it with another tractor when we were short a battery, or crank start it if it was already warmed up.

6wheeler

So, no one saw you lurking up that poor fellas driveway and stealing that tractor in the middle of the night huh? :ychain: Kelly. no matter what you do with it, you litterally stole that tractor. You could maybe buy those tires up here for that price... With out the wheels :eek: . Excellent deal. Good luck pulling it . Maybe just bump up a clas and put weight on it. Have fun, Pat

Kelly

Well been a long weekend picked up the H fri. night a buddy took his 5th wheel up to haul it, we left it on the trailer and took it to a tractor show sat. I hauled two loads of WH's to the show, my oldest Nick used the H in the tractor games, we brought it back home sat night, but I went back to the tractor show today, won two trophies in the garden tractor games Ryan won one trophy, but any way we got home late this afternoon and I had to mess with the H even thou I'm beat down tired, I loaded it on my car trailer with a new set of ramps I built, I hit the sweet spot first time for loading so it hauled nice, my trailer will handle it fine, so it went to the car wash to get a bath, then to TSC to pick up tune up parts and oil and a filter, it leaked oil at the O ring under the filter cover no more leak now, swaped all the other tune up parts, messed with the carb now it runs much better, oh before doing all that I unhooked the gen. swapped out the coil and a few wires to make it start with a 12v batt. and neg. ground not pos. ground, so far so good, I'm pretty happy with it, still need to do a few things before it gets pulled, and that might be about 4 weeks from now, I'll get pic later right now my Lazy boy is calling me.

And with a little more info I found out it's a 1940 not a 1946

perry

can you still get a WH or two on the trailer with the farmall ? .