Sign in to follow this  
proshop

B-100 Automatic

proshop

I have found a bearing outlet for the oil seal that toro discontinued.

It's called (motinons industries) Phone 864-288-7503

I had to take the old seal and have them match it up and they stock 10 15 all the time.

The casing is metal rather than the original rubber that came on it. I dont think that matters much as long as it keeps the oil from leaking from the transaxel. B) I have ordered the rest of the berrings and such and will be putting the old gal back together soon :horseplay:I hope to have some pic's soon of the restoration which i'll post.

74 B-100 Automatic

BairleaFarm

We love pics and thanks for posting the number.

Teddy da Bear

Your Toro dealer could not get an axle seal?

Goodness I must be lucky....I got one for mine.

proshop

yea the dealer looked up the part on the toro sight and the part 10706 oil seal had been discontinued.

They had all the other bearings jurt no seals which does not make any sence, well I thought to myself if I cant find the sael there is no reason to continue with the rebuild, but it seemed like such a common demention some berring distributer would be able to match it up , and several phone calls later, BAM they had one. So now its time to put it back together.

Electro12WH

Can you give us the seal number?

TT

Old P/N 5958 seal superceeds to 100607 for the 1" axle seal for the automatics. It is NLA from Toro, so the only way you'd get one would be if the dealer you use has it in stock.

6994 is the 1 1/8" axle seal for the hydros and is still available from Toro. It's usually cheaper to buy the seals and bearings from a specialty supplier or auto parts store than directly from Toro. (or other OEM dealers/distributors)

I lost a lot of stuff in my last 'puter reformat, including the WH to CR seal interchange numbers that I had accumulated. B)