Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

Got the JM 1008 painted up

BairleaFarm

I have decided that since i made this tractor out of random parts i can call it what I want. Its a 1973 JM 1008. :whistle: All i have left to do is tube the front tire and install the air filter housing(its on its way). It runs good but the carb is spitting gas at me through the intake so ill need to find out what the deal is with that. Other than that Im good to go until i find a better seat/seat pan combo. My wife wanted me to sell it but I told her I could never get what I got in it and I wanted to keep it. OK she said. B)

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

Sparky

OK, I'll bite. What does "JM 1008" mean?

And I remember pics of that tractor when you first got and its come along way. Lookin good B) .

Mike............

BairleaFarm

J = Jackson

M = Maggie

JM are my children and its a 10hp built in 08 I like the idea B)

Here is a pick when i bought it,

3c9f_1.jpg

combatmp29r

It definately has come a long way B) It looks very nice.

T-Mo

David,

Looks nice. Now you just need some decals made up with WHEEL HORSE JM 1008 :whistle: B)

combatmp29r

Thats a good idea Terry. I know just the man to makw them to. Where is old TD? B)

BairleaFarm

Ive been thinking of a design to the decals. I dont know the font I want. The hood will need one more coat of paint before the decals. I cant believe what a little paint will do. I could call it the Krylon King B)

rustyoldjunk

David,i can barely believe how nice you have that horse lookin'.thats the horse you bought from me off ebay.im impressed.it sure dont look like it did when i drug it out of that dealers back 40 where it had been left for several years,nice job.i like it.

Stigian

Nice work David B)

looking at the "before and after" pic's you'd never guess it was the same WH :whistle:

MaineDad

Great job David! Be careful, if you name it after your kids they will plan to take ownership of it when they come of age B)

BairleaFarm

Nothing on this tractor is like it should be. YOu know the little things like that belt guard(it sits back 2" from where is was stock). I love this thing. Its quick with the bigger drive pulley and handles great. Anywho it was late last night and I wanted to get the thing put up. I B) i went in third gear and not reverse. The clutch stuck down (remeber the guard doesnt fit right), I stick my foot under it and pop it up. Now I think that the seat may be sitting back a little further than it should which in turns throughs off my balance. It un-sticks and the front wheels come about 2' off the ground. It cought me off guard and i was like :whistle: .

I fairly happy with the performance but the paint has a little t be desired. It was a rattle can so im not to worried. My intentions were for this truck to be a little play toy I could abuse. Turns out I like it 10 times better than the C160