Sign in to follow this  
Mikez655

Making my 655 faster.

Mikez655

Hey all I have finished restoring my 655 and I've heard of guys making them go faster by replacing the pulley that goes onto the transmission shaft with a smaller pulley. Which pulley is a good candidate for a replacement? And how small can I go? Thanks.

littleredrider

The tranny is the easiest I think. If you change the engine pulley, then it might not fit under the belt guard. I have a 2" I think on one of mine. Making it a little faster is nice when you have an 8-speed tranny. Want to go fast, keep it in high range, need to go slow, slip it in low.

SousaKerry

the tranny is the easiest I think. If you change the engine pulley, then it might not fit under the belt guard. I have a 2" I think on one of mine. Making it a little faster is nice when you have an 8-speed tranny. Want to go fast, keep it in high range, need to go slow, slip it in low.

655 are 3 speed, no low range.. I know that wheel hose did make a speed reduction kit for them that actually slowed them down for precise work. That is the complaint I have with mine it is too fast in 1st gear and too slow in 3rd......