Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Wheel Horse for scrap prices!

Hammerhead

I was at the tractor show Saturday and a friend of mine said he got an old WH from the scrap yard awhile back. Wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. He said it was a 500 Special or something like that! He only wanted $100.00 for it since he bought a $50.00 drive belt for it. So I said ok to the deal, I couldn't get the money out fast enough. He dropped it off and said he forgot to get the original snow thrower that came with it. Uh, what?! So he wanted $50 for it too. So I had to get that too! I ran out of cash so he said he'd deliver it for another $10.00, what the heck, bring it on over Sir! I don't have it yet so no pics yet, he showed me pics of it on his phone and it looks like a new one condition wise! He said I wouldn't even have to repaint it, cool beans!015-3.jpg013-8.jpg014-4.jpg016-5.jpg

varosd

Another saved from the junkyard!!! and what a price. great that there are still some out there!!

bowtiebutler956

Score!! :woohoo: Very nice save, it would have been a shame to see it scrapped. :scared-eek: You did a good thing! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

KC9KAS

Good save.

Looks like someone has butchered the hood a little to maybe put a bigger engine in it at sometime.

But it still looks good.

Jake Kuhn

That would of been terrible to have seen that one scrapped! Great save! :bow-blue: Jake

Zeek

There is a fellow fan named Les Henry that has a nice resto of that same model. It was a featured tractor at the show in Biglerville, PA a few year back. It has a Techy motor, but I have a 552 that purrs like a kitty (hopefully it will stay that way). . .