Sign in to follow this  
68commando6

My first wheel horse

68commando6

This is my 68 commando 6. I cannot take credit for the restoration work as my buddy bought it at an auction at the Williams grove historical steam engine association show. When he got it there wasn't a bit of red on it it was all rusted he lost interest in it so I bought it from him for 400 dollars and have been making improvements ever since. It has a crankshaft from a hh 60 tiller engine so it's a pull start, I hope to find a crank and flywheel from another tractor so I make it electric start again. The light lens was also ruined I have the housing so all I need is the lens, seat needs re upholstered

post-8197-13440453483_thumb.jpg

post-8197-134404541297_thumb.jpg

post-8197-134404545503_thumb.jpg

post-8197-134404547847_thumb.jpg

post-8197-134404549436_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-8197-134404531221_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

68commando6

Forgot to add I do have the deck but it needs a new carb desperately and it don't like to turn the deck at full throttle it wants to cut out all the time. So if anyone knows of a good place to get a new carb please let me know

can whlvr

nice tractor :WRS:

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh: Hi 68/c/6 nice find this looks in great shape. once u get the carb done start looking for a seat they come up once in a while on E/bay and she will be done. enjoy the ride. Gary B.....

varosd

:WRS: Looks great!

I was at the Williams Grove flea market( on the grounds of the Williams Grove historical steam engine association) last month and there was rusty D-160 on a flat bed...wasnt real close by the flea market area so it looked like it wasnt for sale, I asked around but no one knew anything about it.

bowtiebutler956

:WRS: Looks like a very nice first :wh: ! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

KC9KAS

Welcome to Red Square.

You have a nice looking Horse. You knew that we love pictures!

Sometimes someone will have a picture posted on a tractor forum that is turned 90 degrees, so I will pick up the laptop and turn it sideways so I can see better.....My wife will say "Looking at a Center-fold?" I just say "Yes"

COMMANDO6

Welcome to Redsquare! I can tell you that you'll love that tractor once you get it running properly.

68commando6

Thanks for the kind words guys. That link for the carb on eBay comes up as item not found. Anyone know where there is decals for these lol im thankful for the decals that it does have my friend did a good job at keeping them looking good while painting

bowtiebutler956

Just scroll down to the vendors section here. Terry at redoyourhorse can take care of all your decal needs! :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words guys. That link for the carb on eBay comes up as item not found. Anyone know where there is decals for these lol im thankful for the decals that it does have my friend did a good job at keeping them looking good while painting

68commando6

Thanks that is awesome someone makes decals for these and they ain't too hurtful in price at all i just gotta locate a lens for the lights and somehow get an electric start crankshaft and flywheel

bowtiebutler956

You can usually find those lenses on :techie-ebay: for between $20-30. :thumbs:

68commando6

Just looked on eBay and found lenses, are these gear mower decks supposed to be obnoxious when they are on just curious because mine is lol

boovuc

In my imagination, my gear drive, (RM), deck sounds like an early 1900's railroad yard from about 10 feet away complete with 10 guys driving spikes and one guy beating on a locomotive that's leaking steam.

Otherwise mine is pretty quiet.

There are a lot of moving parts that need constant maintenance. Shims, bearings, etc. I have two decks and both make a lot of noise.

That's a nice looking tractor!

Zeek

Nice find! I live in Dillsburg about 15 minutes from you. I just got a two piece seat reupholstered by a lady in Shiremanstown for $50. She does great work if you don't mind waiting (she IS SLOWWW). Shoot me a PM if you want her info.

Other option which may be cheaper is a stock tractor seat from Northern Tool and Equipment (online). They have a good selection and a lot of guys use them.