Sign in to follow this  
Cole

mega fire II

Cole

i see that they make a points conversion for kohler engines. i was wondering if i could use the mega fire II ignition system on my kohler k241. any ideas if this would work and would i be better off without points or is this just POINTLESS lol. :eusa-think:

rick

At one time kohler had a points elimination kit. I put one on my Horse tiller. It seemed harder to start, and after it died I went back to points. One or two pulls to start after setting all winter w/ stabilized fuel. Just sayin'.....

I will stick to points. Heck, my C100 with battery/points ignition starts quicker than my K-Magnums.

Save Old Iron

I have no experience with this unit but after looking up the install instructions, it appears to me this unit is triggered of a magnet on the flywheel. This is no problem if your weed-wacker or chainsaw has only one magnet to fire a magneto / points system. If you put this sensor on the inside of a K engine flywheel with 9 magnets for the charging system, how will it know when to fire the plug? The module will try to fire the plug on each pass of the every magnet ??? Doubt that will be what you want in a K engine.

Cole

yea i kinda figured that about the magnets but i dont want to switch now that i hear that they make it harder to start. my father has a points conversion on his 68 mustang and to change them over your just replace the distributor rotor with one in the kit that has a built in magnet. oh well, thanks for the replys though. :)