Sign in to follow this  
mike paulson

B-80 mower Deck

mike paulson

hey guys, my 36in mower deck on my 76 B-80 is starting to rust thru around the back wheels, ive owned this machine since new and was looking for options on replacing or repairing this. also can other sized decks from wheelhorse tractors be used, i wouldnt mind going alittle bigger....thanks

rmaynard

:WRS:

There is an interchangeability chart in the files section that will give you the model numbers of all the decks that will work with your B-80.

Fordiesel69

The 8HP will hardly operate the 42". I tried it. You need to use a smaller belt, but the engine will run wide open on the governor even in 1st gear. Weld plates on the bottom side of the deck and rebolt into the new plates that you weld. Do not weld in the plates on the topside like everyone does or else the height will be lower. 36" is a good match for the 8HP engine.

mike paulson

hey thanks Bob, looks like i gotta stay with the 36inch which is OK with me. any pointers on finding one?

rmaynard

Keep your eye on the RedSquare classified section, and eBay. Also, contact some of our vendors. We have several guys that sell used accessories.