Fordiesel69

Kohler 14HP with electric PTO clutch.

Fordiesel69

I am not familiar with the electric clutch components, but I need to remove it from the crank. If I have to destroy it, I don;t mind. Any idea how it comes off? I am unable to get the allen set screws out. An I am unable to get the clutch field coil off the end after I removed the center bolt.

diesel cowboy

I think its set up like the one on an old jacobsen I have. Once you take the bolt out of the center with the big washer you need to then thread a bolt into the clutch and use that to pull it off. Just put some grease on the end of the bolt and some oil on the threads before you put it in to help it turn eaiser. Hope this helps.

sorekiwi

Like Stewart said, the clutch has a thread in the middle, I dont remember the size, thinking maybe 7/16 UNF . You screw a bolt into that thread and it acts as a puller to remove the clutch from the crank.

oldredrider

The "puller" bolt size is 5/8x11. If the clutch itself is good, it would be VERY foolish to destroy it just to remove it. Used but working electric clutches sell northwards of $100.00.

Aldon

Getting ready to pull an electric clutch for first time. Having a hard time visualizing the above. Seems straight forward but if the clutch is resistant, how does one counter resist? 

edit- found the answer in another thread. Thanks 

Edited by Aldon

Fordiesel69

I need to revisit this and it is not budging.   I want to harvest the crankshaft.

squonk

I just removed one off of a K321. You need a1" bolt. Thread it in hold the opposite end of the crank and turn the bolt to press it off the crank.

Blasterdad

Click on the link :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Blasterdad

pfrederi

Depends on the year and model could be 5/8 "  to push it off.

Fordiesel69

Again i cannot get the allens loose.......

pfrederi

There are not any set screws in a WH Electric PTO.  Are you looking at the pulley that drives the transmission or the Electric PTO itself...

Fordiesel69

I will get a photo.