Sign in to follow this  
rocky

My new 'Big' tractor

rocky

Had been wanting a big american vintage tractor for a while, just didnt feel right scrapeing my shop road with my uncles Iseki or whatever it is. the Ferguson runs good its a gas tractor 4speed and reverse of course. Anybody else here have a old Ferguson? I was told it was around a 50 model it says T0-39 on the id tag. Cant wait to use it some and start slowly restoreing it.

post-7763-0-87103100-1342831806.jpg

CRE1992

Nice I have a 1958 Massey Ferguson 50 shes been siting for a long time but starts right up. I see you have front wheel weights. Nice find. It doesn't actually have american roots... To my knowledge Ferguson is from England.

Don1977

That tractor looks to be in good shape.

bowtiebutler956

Nice looking old tractor. Congrats! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

rocky

Came with another just like it, minus the block and bottom end, so I got a extra head, carb, intake and such. Paid $1200 for both dont think that was to bad.

neil

Congratulation on your new Fergie.

I bought my first Big tractor last year , I have great fun driving it around the town , i have often been to the big grocery store and picked up my shopping & i also get some strang looks too

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

My tractor is called a TED20 which uses vapour oil & gas

Stigian

You need to get some photo's of your Fergie outside which ever big store you go to Neil..

You could make a nice "off shopping road trip" kind vid as well :D

rocky

Nice tractor neil, I got to get my friend to haul it home (dont think my 63 vw truck will handle it like the horses) it looks to had been all gray like yours, but the parts tractor is red with gray frame.

jay in nc

t stands for tractor, o stands for other , 20 or 30 is hp. neils is t for tractor e for europe 20 hp. i had a fergeson 35 wish i still had it i do still have 3 massey - harris tractors yours is a great tractor at that price jay mybey i'll look you up next time i'm up to burnsville. Jay

tbbahner

Hi Rocky,

I have a few, also some Ferguson implements. The 1st Fergusons were made in Coventry England. They were the TExx Series tractors built from '46-'48. I have a '48 TE20. Yours is probably a TO30 built from '50-'54. The 9 is actually a 0 when you start looking up parts. The TE stands for "tractor England" where Harry Ferguson started building his tractors and shipped them all over. In '48 he built his factory in Detroit and started building the TO series, the TO - stands for "tractor overseas", the American built Fergusons. Did you know that the Ford 9N and 2N were actually Harry Ferguson's tractor? He had a partnership with Henry Ford that fell apart so he started building his own.

Ferguson's were built from '46-'57 when they merged with Massey Harris to become Massey Ferguson. Its an interesting history. For more resto info go to http://www.fergusontractors.org/ for all kinds of info. You can also join the FENA club, like WH, lots of good people. Probably more than you wanted to know but I like Ferguson's as much as I like WH.

If you need anything, shoot me an email, I'll try to help.

Tom B

Below is a pic of mine lined up before a local parade

From left to right, '48 - TE20 '50-TO20 '54-to30 '56-F40

001ReadytoGojpeg-1.jpg

hm12460

Nice, I've been looking for a John Deere B.

rocky

Thanks for the info Tom ill check that out, I like to learn all I can about stuff I own.