Bobie01

Engine Housing

Bobie01

Hallo

I need a engine housing for my Kt17QS

does anyone have one that he didn t need anymore

its part no. 10 on the pic

http://www.google.lu...iw=1024&bih=566

or now a place where i can buy it but not to expensiv and not to far away from Luxembourg

Jeff

Stigian

I do have an engine side cover for a Kohler Magnum 18 that almost the same if that's any help.

Bobie01

ok that's good but I hope someone from Belgium, etc.

had one that I could get because the shipping would be very expensive from the UK to Luxembourg

But thanks

Jeff

WH Raider10

Jeff,

Ask wh1257 (Vincent) for if he has one for you. I knew he had a parts engine like that with the cover still on it. If I hear him I'll ask him too.

Btw, for what do you need that cover, you bought another wheelhorse? :):eusa-think::laughing-rofl: just curious... :happy-jumpeveryone:

P-J

Bobie01

Yes I bought the tractor that I told you whit the snowplow and 48"deck but the tractor has 2400 hours that someone has "look after it "and doesn t run anymore and the deck is in a very bad conditon but I think I could repair it ,but for 200 bucks it s ok. I have now just one problem the engine has none compression so I have to look after it and at the moment I don t know if the engine run

But thanks

Jeff

oh I have forgot to say It s an C -165 automatic in good condition just the engine...

wh1257

I think I got the housing for tis engine

WH Raider10

Voila jeff here ya go buddy, Vincent can help you out on the engine cover. :) Well for 200 euro's you can't go wrong! Only the snowplow itself is worth double over here.

On the engine I'm sure I could help you out to see what's wrong with it. The only problem is that you don't live very close to me, about 200 km's from me I think? But after you said the engine has 2400 hours I think it has had it best time and now needs a rebuild I'd say. To start with pull the heads from the engine and see if your valves are closing all the way, gap them correctly and re-check for compression. It might has a stuck valve?

Feel free to ask me for help and you're also welcome to come over with your engine if you can't find the problem.

P-J

Bobie01

Thanks P-J but 200 km it s very far away

Stigian

Jeff.. Just out of interest I did a check on postal costs from the UK to Luxembourg... It should come in at under £10...

I'm a bit worried when you say the engine has no compression though.. I'd investigate why there is no compression before spending any money on it..

Not trying to scare you but maybe you should have a look at this.

Bobie01

Yes, I would not spend money before I have checked everything before , but I had thought that it would be difficult to find such a part, I thought it would take a very long time

First I want to get the engine running

10£ that was very cheap normaly from Germany to Lux it is more than 10 Euro

Jeff