Sign in to follow this  
bean

are there front wheel weights for the suburban?

bean

were there factory front wheel weights for the suburban? or will other weights, like gravely front weights fit?

I thought I saw weights listed in the options list, but haven't seen any. the suburban, rj front wheels are different from the later 6,7,800 series wheels.

just curious

I went through the old brochure and there was only a front weight (tombstone?) listed for the suburban. so, i guess the answer is no, there were no factory front wheel weights.

Rooster

Most of them had the tires filled with....umm....uhhh....someone help me out here....that heavy stuff that rusted the wheels, lol!

I have never seen a set of weights that will fit?

CasualObserver

Calcium chloride filled front tires from the factory. I don't think the factory wheels had holes for weights. The 60 pound front weight (FW-60) (sometimes called the tombstone weight) was the other option.

bean

will later wheels from the 6,7,800 tractors fit the suburban 401? I had a set from an 854, and they wouldn't fit on my rj. I suppose, because of that, someone had put wheelbarrow tires on the rj.

I do remember the front tires being filled, now that you mentioned it.

Tankman

I made a front channel bumper for an older wheel horse, years ago.

Needed front weight(s) when I used my 12" bottom plow.

On the new channel bumper, used suitcase weights. Worked great.

Home Cheapo has an MTD Suitcase Starter Set, 'bout $150. Take a peek-a-boo.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202886966&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202886966&ci_kw=%7bkeyword%7d&kwd=%7bkeyword%7d&cm_mmc=shopping%2d%5f%2dgoogleads%2d%5f%2dpla%2d%5f%2d202886966&ci_gpa=pla

Tankman

Most of them had the tires filled with....umm....uhhh....someone help me out here....that heavy stuff that rusted the wheels, lol!

I have never seen a set of weights that will fit?

Calcium chloride (salt water). FYI, I had a '32 Farmall before a Horse.

The '32 tractors were the first year rubber tires were used. Prior, band of steel w/ angle irons welded on it.