Sign in to follow this  
tomtractor

Tractor and Loader Advice

tomtractor

What is the best small tractor that accepts a loader. Bolens, Power King, Wheel Horse, etc... I want to dig a foundation (for a barn)- my soil is sand and clay with few rocks. What could do the job? Or am I asking to much of a small tractor?

Sparky

I don't think loaders are good at digging any kind of serious depth. Your barn footing need to be about 42" deep or there abouts to be below the frost line right? Sounds like you need a backhoe to me.

Mike..............

rexman72

you should rent an excavator

tomtractor

So - what i am getting is - can't be done with a loader - right.

Sparky

Correct.

Mike...........

decksetter

What is the best small tractor that accepts a loader. Bolens, Power King, Wheel Horse, etc... I want to dig a foundation (for a barn)- my soil is sand and clay with few rocks. What could do the job? Or am I asking to much of a small tractor?

What kind of barn are you building? If it's a pole barn you wouldn't need anything more than an auger to drill for posts, then build it over whatever ground is there and gravel it after or set band around your posts and pour concrete if you want.

tomtractor

I am in the dreaming stage. Actually I am just trying to justify getting a Power King tractor. "How would a new tractor help save money when I eventually build a barn" I ask myself.

truckin88

honestly get a used Kubota or like tractor... with a backhoe and loader

can whlvr

when i was in need of a loader slash forklift i bought a full size skid steer,very handy,manuverable,and can accept many attachments,i bought a used one that needed some work but have had great luck with it

• Like 1