Sign in to follow this  
Glenwoods

520-H deck spindle question

Glenwoods

Hi all,

I'm fixing up a '95 520-H I picked up for a decent price. I started to clean up the deck, model #78360, 48" side discharge, and I noticed the aluminum spindles are rotting away. Is this normal? It looks like replacement spindles are about $75 apiece, just for the aluminum housing. (part #106063, if I'm not mistaken) Is there an alternative out there, or will it be $225 just for the three parts? I've attached a pic of one of them. Thanks

post-4643-0-68044500-1342314049_thumb.jp

can whlvr

they do disintegrate over time but thats one of the worst ive seen,try the want adds to see if any one has them

MalMac

They get like that over time. If you don't clean your deck regularly that will help speed up the process. All the decaying grass when it's wet almost forms a acid and eats the aluminum spindle housing. When they get to the point where they break it's time to replace them. I myself do not know of any alternative. If it were me changing that housing I would go a head and get the complete housing with spindle and bearings. Toro does offer a complete ready to bolt in housing and everything. If your going to spend just that on the housing might as well make everything new. Then you will be ready to go. Just remember to clean that deck offten. I myself use a pressure washer. It works great to clean all the crud off. Maybe someone else will chime in here and can offer a cheaper better solution.

Glenwoods

I checked the full spindle kit: TORO/LAWN-BOY PART 107405

REPLACED BY 99-5361: SPINDLE KIT (SERVICE) $217.04

Your Price: $206.19

A little too rich for my blood. Over $600 for three spindles. I didn't pay that much for the whole tractor!

BOWTIE

HELLO, I BELIEVE 99-5361 IS FOR ALL 3 SPINDLES. 111726 IS A SINGLE SPINDLE. I HAVE THREE NEW SPINDLES FOR 300.00 PLUS SHIPPING. IF INTERESTED EMAIL ME. BOWTIE@COLUMBUS.RR.COM

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Bobie01

Yesterday I bought one but for metric bearings and inch bearings Bolds for 37 euro by a toro deeler

Glenwoods

After a little more research, it looks like the spindle housing is part #114568 which sells for $42. A little better.

MalMac

On Pat's small engine they have the spindle assembly which is the whole assembly minus blade, washers and nut for $104.00.

Todd

Hi all,

I'm fixing up a '95 520-H I picked up for a decent price. I started to clean up the deck, model #78360, 48" side discharge, and I noticed the aluminum spindles are rotting away. Is this normal? It looks like replacement spindles are about $75 apiece, just for the aluminum housing. (part #106063, if I'm not mistaken) Is there an alternative out there, or will it be $225 just for the three parts? I've attached a pic of one of them. Thanks

Dang !! thats wacked !!!

Shuboxlover

I have good used spindle assemblies....send me a PM if you are interested.