Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Neighbors loader tractor

Sparky

I picked up a load of non-running tractors for my neighbor last week and this week he came over with his 520-8 with a loader to drag em home. This 1055 was stuck in gear and was a real bear to move so it ended up in the bucket. I was real impressed with how it handled the load as well as how well the strap held up.

Check out the pics.

Mike......

Wheelhorse006.jpg

Wheelhorse007.jpg

Wheelhorse008.jpg

nylyon

That's a heck of a picture Mike. Is that the 520 that he put the reduced effort steering on? Great way to move the horses around, but I don't think I want him to move the C-160....

Tony that's a good looking loader you've got there!

Sparky

He has plans to put the reduction steering in it but it hasnt happened yet.

Mike..........

kj4kicks

Great pics Mike ! Thanks for sharing them.

Looks like a "moment of zen" !

Duff

Nice pix!

Now that's some real HORSE power! :whistle:

Duff B)

Docwheelhorse

:horseplay: I love my 520-8 and only wish this was a picture of a JD and there was a dumpster handy!!! B)

The gear reduction will go in as soon as I get a chance to breathe.... it will really make this tractor a work horse.

Thanks to Mike for the pics...

Tony

Duff

:horseplay: I loive my 520-8 and only wish this was a picture of a JD and theree was a dumpster handy!!! :whistle:

Or even more appropriate - a Crapsman! B)

Stigian

:whistle: Now thats some serious lifting ability B)

Cheers for posting the pic's Mike, and B) Tony

bambooheels

B) now that some serious horse power!!! nice pictures, i need to get me one of those there loaders, so i can bring the sears mowers down in the dumpster

MaineDad

Great pictures - How much counter weight is on the back of that 520?

DMESS

Certainly appears that Kwik Way is conservative in specifying that the loader is capable of a maximum 350 lbs! 1055 has to be around 475 lb. or so. B)

T-Mo

Great pictures, Mike. I'm impressed with the loader's capacity and the 520-8's ability to handle that load. B)

Nick

Not only is that 520-8 and K-W loader lifting the 475 pounds but also the weight of that heavy kohler and front axle are out over 3' from the bucket. B)

If I remember right the K-W manual listed a max lift of 350 pounds but had a suggested travel weight limit of only 200 or 250. From things we have moved I would guess the Kwik-Way true max lift to be up around 800 pounds but depends on how close the weight is kept to the loader. :whistle: :horseplay:

I forgot to add that Kwik Way says to use 300 pounds of counter weight.

DMESS

Yeah, the placement of the weight amazed me too. Given the distance from the bucket, the multiplication of that 475 lbs should be substantial. Kinda makes me anxious to get the KW back onto the 520 and play a little!

Docwheelhorse

HI--there is 200 pounds on each wheel + the weight bucket and its 250. SO there is roughly 675 pounds on the back that is counter balancing the loader. Yah I'm sure it will be classified as abuse to the 8 speed... but they are easy enough to find or repair if neccesary. The limiting factor is the steering and that will be tackled with a donor 520-H forward swept axle and gear reduction setup when time permits. I don't abuse this unit like this all the time--this was one of those lets see what it REALLY can do moments. B)

Tony

combatmp29r

Tony, B) , and very pmpressive use of the Kwickway and 520 B) Makes me want to start on a loader project even more. Thats just waht I need right now though another project :whistle: B)

rustyoldjunk

that is very impressive.i had wanted a loaded for one of my small tractors but had decided not to both since i wanted it to be able to pick up a 6 cylinder or v-8 engine from a car or truck and move it around,but after seeing ratings i was going to skip it.how high can you lift the bucket? (distance from bottom of the bucket to the ground?) also it looks like heavy loads would put alot of strain on the frame to transaxle mount?