Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

how to make a tricycle?

BairleaFarm

Any how tos or at least pictures of the bottom of a trike? I think I may make one. B)

TT

I have a patent applied for on that design. If you want to use it, you have to pay me $500 cash. B)

Just kidding..... but good luck if you decide to build one. :whistle:

And, no..... I'm not telling what parts I used and where to find them. B)

BairleaFarm

And, no..... I'm not telling what parts I used and where to find them.

B)

Ill hit up tractor supply first. This may be a good winter project.

Duff

Any how tos or at least pictures of the bottom of a trike? I think I may make one. B)

I thought I saw a WH trike on ePay or CL very recently but can't seem to locate it again.....or maybe I was dreaming.....or worse...... B)

Anybody else seen it?

Duff :whistle:

HorseFixer

I have a patent applied for on that design. If you want to use it, you have to pay me $500 cash. B)

Just kidding..... but good luck if you decide to build one. B)

And, no..... I'm not telling what parts I used and where to find them. :whistle:

Whew was glad to here you were only kidding TT! B) cause I have some extra pics sos when I do one!

Duke

dpm2000bolt

TT that trike is very sweet, I seen you don't want to give all your secrets away on how you build it, so I would love to see more pics of it.

HORSEOFCOURSE

just curious on the steering setup on your trike, the dual sprockets for a reduction ratio? why not just a straight shot to the front? did it steer to hard? not steer far enough? steer to quickly? i want to make a round hood round fender one. can i use some of your designs? this is the candidate for the project. i got the trans tore apart right now. as soon as that is cool than it might be a next winter project on the narrow front

Attached Image

post-7-1234320884.jpg

TT

The reduction sprockets were installed to slow the steering down and allow a ratio similar to original. A narrow front end with a 1:1 ratio would be suicidal in my opinion.

It's been long enough now that I forget what size sprockets are used, but I can tell you I went with the biggest ones I could fit between the rails and the smallest one that would fit the weld-on hub from TSC for the reduction cluster.

This tractor steers very easy but has a decent weight balance and has never tried to push or slide the front end. (105 pounds of big-block Kohler has that effect on most things. :whistle: )

Feel free to copy whatever you want -- it's technically not my design, but I did incorporate the reduction cluster sprockets and figured out how to make it all work and look good on a Wheel Horse. :thumbs:

dpm2000bolt

HORSEOFCOURSE I am looking to help build a round nose also for someone, thanks TT for the info I wondered why you had the redution in there as I thought it was to make it easier. Where did you come up with the Yokes what that another TSC buy? they look like they are 1/2 or 5/8..

TT

The upper steering shaft is the original 3/4" WH part and was shortened and keyed for use with a 3/4" straight bore keyed universal joint that is part of an axle from some kind of off-road cart or utility vehicle. (eBay purchase)

I still need to add an additional support bearing under the tank tray to take some of the load off of the aluminum dash housing.

dpm2000bolt

I feel I have the univeral figured out as I am thinking to use something like this http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1A929

and just weld it to the shaft as OD to OD. The 3/4 ID is rather expensive and don't want to have all that bulk.

What all did you do with the Front wheels I would assume everything has been machined as I would assume that nothing original was use? I have not seen a good picture but would love to see one.

lawrence

terry, what would you charge to do this to my c-101 thanks, ed. (phone number removed by moderators) give me a call, thanks again.

otrelwood

can anyone post how to build a trike again as these originals were lost in the meltdown? :dunno:

TT

Here's a link that will work on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=490