Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

which tractor part 2 with pics

ricksrj58

ok heres the pics of both tractors.the 800 special runs and drives and no odd noises,it comes with a mower deck but needs spindels,blades and pullys.it may need a new electric pto.

the 552 has no spark,hood has been trimmed for different engine at one time along with the belt guard.the shifter handle under the shifter boot has rusted to only about half the diameter so what the inside of the tranny is like could be bad.the belt cover is not mounted properly,it has spacers to mount it out from where it should mount. the serial # is 62-12502 is this a 1962 552 and if it is what would be a fair price for the pair?thanks in advance for any and all input.

800special.jpg

552.jpg

• Like 1

rwilson

I could tell you which one you should get, but in the end you may be unhappy with the decision of others. I'm not saying you would choose the one I tell you. In the end they both have their pro's and con's. Go with your gut and get the one you want.

• Like 1

rydogg

I would still get the 552 if the price is right mostly because it is one from my wanted list. The footrests look the ones on my 701 the 552 should have stirrup style.

Kelly

Well with out more pics, the 552 looks like it might be a 701, the hood decals, foot rest, steering wheel, all say 701, a few more pics from the front, back and other side will help, as for what one?? I say round hood, the 800 can be a nice tractor but they are light duty, the trans is a smaller peerless trans, the briggs is a good engine but finding a elect. clutch might not be easy, and the briggs does not like the loads on it with a manual PTO that is why all the 800 specials had elect. price I wheel and deal alot, here in my neck of the woods, I'd pay $250 or about that for the pair, maybe more if the 552 is a 701 but it has the wrong engine if it is, so hard to say.