Sign in to follow this  
Terry M

Found a New Horse

Terry M

Decided I wanted to find a lawn ranger project for my son and I, And with the help of a Master Horse hunter ( Denny Clarke ) heres what we found in Speedway, Indiana.

post-5864-0-77104000-1341886556_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-03602600-1341886648_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-83714600-1341886691_thumb.jp

• Like 1

stevebo

Looks very clean and original. I am not sure what your plans are for it but if it were mine I would just give it a real good cleaning and get it running good. Nice pick up!

• Like 1

Terry M

This Lawn ranger seems to be all original ( with the exception of an after market gas cap and one of the rear tires) and someday should make for a nice restore. It hasn't been started in a few years and was put in the back barn or somewhere because one of the mower deck spindles was sheared off after hitting a tree stump while . Up until that happened, this tractor was used occasionally on the same property since it was purchased new in 1967. You can tell the last few years it made a nice home for some rodents .

Not planning on restoring this unit for a while or until my 606 is completely done. right now I'm just working to get it running. Heres a couple more pics.....

post-5864-0-39998400-1341887347_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-88758500-1341887384_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-20267500-1341887445_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-10308800-1341887525_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-75814000-1341887577_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-11180200-1341887682_thumb.jp

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Neat tractor. :text-coolphotos:

dclarke

Looks like that was well worth the trip Terry, a nice, original machine. I think my finders fee just went up. :ychain:

ol550

From the look on your little girls face you may need to find another one real soon. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

Don1977

Now you have to buy two more for the girls.

Jake Kuhn

Very nice little ranger! That will make your son happy. Jake

Fun Engineer

• The looks on their faces are priceless.

Terry M

From the look on your little girls face you may need to find another one real soon. :handgestures-thumbup:

Now you have to buy two more for the girls.

Looks like that was well worth the trip Terry, a nice, original machine. I think my finders fee just went up. :ychain:

I think the girls would love their own tractor...but I don't know if I can handle Denny's over priced finders fees! :banghead: :ychain:
  • Like 1

speedyleedy

It's a Great way to spend time with your kid's & It's a great life lesson for them too ! very nice ranger ! :)

KC9KAS

Good looking tractor! The kid(s) will love it!

bowtiebutler956

Terry, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm glad you pointed me to it! :woohoo: That is a great looking original Lawn Ranger, and I'm sure it will make a fantastic first :wh: for your son! :text-datsphatyo: You know how to raise them right! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Wheel Horse Kid

Just found this thread. Great looking Lawn Ranger. Hope you and your son have alot of fun with it!

6wheeler

That will make a nice tractor Terry. Oh, by the way. Just because I taught the gophers to move up to Rosemount, doesn't mean you have to go all the way to Indiana to get other types of rodentia...... :teasing-whipyellow::teasing-poke::teasing-neener: , Good luck with it. Pat

Terry M

Pat, I'm hoping I just brought only their home with me. by the way ,since I applied that magic powder............NO GOPHERS!! the rabbits are making a comback though. :banghead:

6wheeler

I made them pack their little rabbit u-hauls and sent them up there too :auto-biker::auto-dirtbike::teasing-neener: . No need to thank me :naughty: . Pat

Terry M

I made them pack their little rabbit u-hauls and sent them up there too :auto-biker::auto-dirtbike::teasing-neener: . No need to thank me :naughty: . Pat

Thanks pat, for that you have to buy me a pop someday when i check out your stuff.

Terry M

Today I added some modifications To My sons Lawn ranger. This is something I copied from Scott (Smoreau) in Michigan with a couple of changes and tweeks of my own. I liked the Idea because it will be safer for my son Andrew to ride around on it. when andrew out grows the add-ons It will be able to be changed back to original with no scars. Thought you would like to see some pics including the new dump cart he has claimed as his own :banghead:..... Thanks for Looking.

post-5864-0-51879000-1345244575_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-50567300-1345244706_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-95637300-1345244747_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-03879800-1345244788_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-73599800-1345244824_thumb.jp

post-5864-0-41419800-1345244859_thumb.jp

dclarke

That looks good Terry, I like it. :thumbs:

bowtiebutler956

Very nice Terry! :text-datsphatyo: You did a great job with diamond plate, and that will give you piece of mind while your son is enjoying his seat time! :woohoo: I really like the dump cart as well. :bow-blue: Danny keeps asking me to build him a wagon he can pull behind his, but a nice dump cart would be better. Your a good dad Terry! I've been waiting for an update from you, for awhile now. Glad to see the Ranger is coming along, how about the 606? :hide: No pressure or anything! :ychain:

whc160

Today I added some modifications To My sons Lawn ranger. This is something I copied from Scott (Smoreau) in Michigan with a couple of changes and tweeks of my own. I liked the Idea because it will be safer for my son Andrew to ride around on it. when andrew out grows the add-ons It will be able to be changed back to original with no scars. Thought you would like to see some pics including the new dump cart he has claimed as his own :banghead:..... Thanks for Looking.

I like the running board idea for safety. I may have to use that one when my oldest & I restore my 656 so he can drive it.

KC9KAS

I like the diamond plate too!

I also have a 2 wheel trailer in just about the same condition as your's.

My wife rides on a homemade seat on it at shows, but she made be put a zip tie around the dump lever....Can't understand why!!

Terry M

Very nice Terry! :text-datsphatyo: You did a great job with diamond plate, and that will give you piece of mind while your son is enjoying his seat time! :woohoo: I really like the dump cart as well. :bow-blue: Danny keeps asking me to build him a wagon he can pull behind his, but a nice dump cart would be better. Your a good dad Terry! I've been waiting for an update from you, for awhile now. Glad to see the Ranger is coming along, how about the 606? :hide: No pressure or anything! :ychain:

Thanks matt, just waiting a good time to work on it. Been spending what little spare time I have on Andrew's lawn ranger. Now that the rangers good to go I'll start working on the 606 soon.

Terry M

I like the diamond plate too!

I also have a 2 wheel trailer in just about the same condition as your's.

My wife rides on a homemade seat on it at shows, but she made be put a zip tie around the dump lever....Can't understand why!!

:laughing-rolling: I know where your wife is coming from. Andrew has dumped his sisters twice.... After he saw the look on my face... :angry-tappingfoot: I don't think it will be happening again.