Sign in to follow this  
proshop

B100 transaxel

proshop

Well I got the case opened up and found that the oil seal was bad and the needle berring and the larger berring after that was shattered.

The shaft on the left side end,where the clip goes...is buggered up so I'll have to get another one.(167.25 dollars)just for the left side! Oh well at least they have that.but the needle berring and oil seal and the other larger berring I cant seem to find. any ideas?!?!?!

the rest of the gears and berrings seems to be okay but I know I should replace all of them, just not sure about the avalibility of them.

The torro dealer here in Greenville SC is telling me that they discontinued the oil seal and could not get one, so now what do I do? You guys have been doing this a while and I'm sure someone can help.

Once I get the trans working Im sand blasting,welding,priming paintings and puting the decals back on and then going to supprise my dad with it.

I just hope it dosent kill him from joy to have his old B100 AUTOMATIC back.

He has sence bought a new torro and seems to have a hard time abjusting to the new! I guess when you turn 84 its hard to except new things. B)

kpinnc

Hey Proshop, Welcome to Redsquare!

Not sure why you can't find the axle seal. I bought new ones online from RCPW several months ago. Of course, the ones I got were for 1 and 1/8th axles. B100 auto's may have used 1 inch axles, but you should still be able to get them...

If you take the model number of your tractor and plug it into the Toro parts lookup, it should give you a list (with pictures) of every single part on the machine. The manuals usually are available for free download as well.

Anyway, you can pull the part number for the seal, and cross reference it at RCPW or partstree.com. If they have the part in stock (and they usually do), you can order them online.

Many of the parts my dealer couldn't (or wouldn't take the time to try and find) have been available form these online parts houses. Usually a little cheaper too!

Good luck!

Kevin