Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse84

Craigslist buy of the week

Wheelhorse84

I just missed out on a nice 416-8 with a trac vac for $600. 2 days later it's on craigslist again for $1800. fpost-6185-134183887253_thumb.jpg

Ken B

I don't see 1800.00 happenin anytime soon. Stranger things have been known too happen though.....

Wheelhorse84

Oh I know but 600 was a great deal with that trac vac

varosd

$600 : good deal. looks like the engine tin was painted at some time. keep looking, good deals are out there!

$1,800 forget it.

Sparky

Its here on Redsquare as well.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/item/1219-1990-wh-416-8-with-trac-vac-system-mint/

Mike............

fourwheels0

well he'll never get $1800 from anybody on here now lol.

i'm all for making a buck but triple your money that's just downright greedy.

stevebo

I would say it is more of an $750-$900 set up. If I am not mistaken it is not a 1990 either...

Sparky

I would say it is more of an $750-$900 set up. If I am not mistaken it is not a 1990 either...

Good eye Steve! Its a K series not a Magnum and the stripes are maroon not the black ones. Definitly not a 1990.

Mike...........

stevebo

that would make it either an 85 or 86 i think

3609horse

Was that the tractor for sale in Ludlow, Ma?

Wheelhorse84

Yes it is.

Hodge71

Definitely not worth the $1800. I would NEVER try to take advantage of my peers like that. I would give $850 for it in my area here in PA and call it a very fair deal for both parties. Kudos to Stevebo also, I didnt peg the fact that it was a K series making it and 85/86 era. I noticed the repaint but didnt see the round top tin VS the more square of the Kohler Magnums.

urdrwho10

What the heck is up with people and their expectations of selling an item? In 1988 I paid $2,200 for a brand spanking new 310-8 WH and 24 years later someone is asking close to the same price paid way back then for a new WH. I see the same thing with people selling used cars. I guess in this economy people are setting high prices, hoping and grabbing at straws.

Is it because of the vac system?

I guess the days where both parties make out on the deal. Kind of like my never ending search for a deck. I have actually seen people on Craigs selling 25 year old 42 inch decks for $550 > $600. Someone should tell them that a new one can be purchased for only a short bit more.

Definitely not worth the $1800. I would NEVER try to take advantage of my peers like that. I would give $850 for it in my area here in PA and call it a very fair deal for both parties. Kudos to Stevebo also, I didnt peg the fact that it was a K series making it and 85/86 era. I noticed the repaint but didnt see the round top tin VS the more square of the Kohler Magnums.

Boston Horse

I saw the ad - he is asking $1200 - not $1800. Maybe he lowered the price? Its an 1985/1986 model - the trac vac alone is worth $400... I think the whole machine with th vac is worth $1000 - $1200... so his new price is right in line. I dont think people are trying to take adantage of others, I think that these machines hold their value better than most. If you can go to Home Depot and buy a junky Husky for $1500 with no attachments, this still seems like a better deal. He may be a few hundred too high, but I still see the value in spending $1000 on a 16hp machine with a trac vac... thats my 2 cents.

Wheelhorse84

He lowered it. When he had it advertised for 1800 the previous owners ad was right above it still for 600.

AMC RULES

Humm, the link doesn't seem to be working anymore...I wonder what happend?

Boston Horse

Links to Craigslist ads are not allowed unless its your item.

Sparky

Humm, the link doesn't seem to be working anymore...I wonder what happend?

The ad must have been deleted by the seller. Or it expired.

Mike........

Wheelhorse84

Search trac vac in the Worcester/central mass. It's there

gratefulydeadman

i just saw a wheelhorse 520-8 (yes i got that correct!) it is a 520-8. i have never seen nor heard of one but sure enough there it was on craigslist. the guys was asking $2800 for it. is it worth that? it looked like it was in mint condition and only had less than 500 hours on it. what a beautiful machine.

Wheelhorse84

There was one on eBay in conn a couple months ago that was repainted but a nice job with a grader blade that did 2300 ish. I forget how many hours it had.