Sign in to follow this  
squonk

EEK!

squonk

Working on a Raider 8 I picked up this weekend. All of the mule drive and PTO parts were in a pile. Bought it from a young fella who I think was just using it to bomb around his place with. Took off the old front hitch and axle pivot clip and the whole axle fall off! Tie rods go flying and I find the axle pivot pin is broken where its welded to the bracket that is bolted to the tractor. The only thing holding the front end on was the 3 bolts that bolt on the tach a matic. The tierrods were wired on. I'm sure he was racing around on it as I had to adjust the governor to keep the engine from coming unglued!

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119-1.jpg

jdog_kustoms

i have seen both of those issues alot in all the tractors i go threw lol

Kelly

I've seen all that and more, a steel bar stuck in the axle pivot with a bunch of duct tape on it to hold it in, duct tape and elect. tape to hold tie rods on, hose clamp to to hold tie rods on, drill the end of the tie rod out and put a bolt through it. welded the axle pin in to the frame, and I could go on........

squonk

Th is is a first for me. It's one thing if you just mowing with it but this thing roared like a race car

Mechanicallyinclined24

Do you know where to get replacement tie rods and ball joints? I have a C-160, but they are probably similar on most.

baerpath

I had one that had a drill bit in place of the pin. Thats was an expensive replacment, drill is still sharp too

Duane

roscoemi

You can order joints and bars from McMaster Carr and build your own for about $50 that are greasable and will last. Russ

HorseWhisperer

I cant believe what hillbillys will do to mow the yard!I have seen some wrecks and quick fixes!I saw a hand crank winch screwed to the hood with an Eye hook booger welded to the nose to lift a plow because the segment handle bolts were loose and wasn't working correctly?

bean

I cant believe what hillbillys will do to mow the yard!I have seen some wrecks and quick fixes!I saw a hand crank winch screwed to the hood with an Eye hook booger welded to the nose to lift a plow because the segment handle bolts were loose and wasn't working correctly?

uhhh.......winning! :)

HorseWhisperer

:teasing-tease: